Content governance is a critical aspect of any company’s marketing strategy.
We know that content is undoubtedly the backbone of your business. From sales to marketing to customer support and product documentation, content is what gets the job done. When you develop content, it takes months of planning and years of iterations to get it done the right way.
Content governance is the new way of managing the content that gives you control over the content that you produce. It ensures that everyone on your team is in sync and moving towards the same goal. It prevents dissension, reduces errors, and keeps your team from reinventing the wheel. Without it, a company could see the content they publish on the web being duplicated by competitors, resulting in a content governance nightmare.
Many organizations are realizing the value of content, but they have a hard time establishing ROI. The trick is to have the right steps and tools to achieve content governance that drives growth.
In this episode and post, we uncover a 4-step roadmap to achieve success.
Christopher P Willis is Acrolinx’s Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for all aspects of the company’s marketing strategy and pipeline management. Christopher is a specialist in Content Governance, AI, and pipeline management with over 20 years of experience growing companies in the technology sector.
Before joining Acrolinx, Christopher held leadership roles in marketing, creative, technical, and business development at companies including Perfecto, Pyxis Mobile, KPMG-CT, ModelGolf, and Cambridge Technology Group. Willis is a recognized thought leader in the areas of AI, DEI, and Content Governance, and is active within industry groups dedicated to the growth and health of marketing technology and the verticals he serves.
In this episode, he shares what content governance is and how we can craft a model that drives growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Understanding the value of content
- The need for content governance – What’s missing in most companies
- Who in an organization’s executive leadership needs to have oversight of content governance and why
- Establishing ROI with content governance
- How to develop a roadmap for achieving content governance
- Using artificial intelligence to make your content touchpoints more human
- How to create “good” content and improve brand management operations simultaneously?
- Leading edge metrics for content governance to keep an eye on
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Acrolinx
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Michael Brenner – The Importance of Building Customer Relationships: 11 Ways to Build Them
- Check out the article – How to revive your content marketing with cartoons
- Check out the article – 100+ Powerful B2B Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – How to Build Your Business With Content Marketing: A BS-free Guide to Content Marketing Strategies for Startups
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Liam Carnahan – Content Marketing for Startups: How to Drive Growth With The Right Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Prarthana Sibal – Storytelling in Content Marketing: How to Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Christopher
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!