The benefits of content marketing for startups are now well-researched and documented, but this doesn’t mean that all startups can get it right. Many startups struggle to get past the basics; others still give up on content marketing altogether.
Content marketing is a powerful way to build your startup’s brand and drive growth, but it’s not as straightforward as it might seem. Finding time to create content and ensuring your message is on point can be a struggle to make content marketing work. However, the right strategy and execution can mean the difference between failure and success.
While content marketing for startups is a complex and challenging process, it is also an essential part of a successful startup.
In this podcast episode and post, we’ll cover the key components of a winning content marketing strategy and key factors to consider.
Liam Carnahan is a content strategist, SEO expert, and founder of Inkwell Content Services, which is about creating creative content to outrank your competition.
He had attained his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Literature, Writing, and Publishing at Emerson College. Liam started as a writer in a content farm until he was given the opportunity to become the Director of Content at a digital content marketing agency in Sydney. He grew his writing, content creation, and SEO publishing skills in the companies he had previously affiliated with – Croud and Brafton. In 2019, he left his 9-5 job to run his own company and help others achieve their goals.
In this episode, he shares his thoughts on content marketing for startups and how we can drive growth by increasing organic traffic by as much as 77%.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why are SEO and content considered boring and robotic by some, and what can be done about it
- How to overcome time and resources restraints in a business when investing in content and SEO
- What makes for a good content strategy for startups
- What makes for good content marketing for startups
- How to predict a return on investment with content marketing for startups
- How to best balance the purpose of content versus SEO outcomes
- What makes for a good piece of content
- How to get as much as a 77% increase in traffic via content marketing for startups
- How to ensure content is remark worthy to your audience
- How to leverage partnerships in content marketing for startups
- and much, much more…
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Inkwell Content
- Learn from Patrick Van Gorder – How to Get Started with B2B Account Based Marketing
- Learn from Guy Rozman – How to Craft Brand Messaging With 9 Key Components That Drive Growth
- Learn from Joe Davy – 7+ Customer Engagement Marketing Strategies to Make You a Pipeline Hero
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn from Steve Sims – How to Craft a Referral Marketing Strategy That Boosts Growth
- Learn more from Thibaud Clement – How to Fuel Growth with a Social Media Marketing Content Strategy
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Listen to my interview with Brandee Sander – Data Science Process: How to go From Pilot to Pipeline to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
Connect with Liam
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!