In the service industry, custom software development is one of the more popular ways to grow a company. It is also one of the most misunderstood. Companies often don’t understand what they’re getting out of custom software development and they aren’t sure what questions to ask.
Part of any custom software development project is to define a custom software development process. But what is the right custom software development process for your business?
This might seem like an easy question to answer, but it isn’t. Before you can answer that question you need to ask the right questions. One of the most critical things to understand about custom software development is that it can also be a solution for your business. So ask the right questions and your project will be a success.
In this episode and post we will uncover some of the questions you should be asking around developing a custom software development process that will drive success and growth.
Ian Robinson is the CEO and founder of Enliven a company that helps professional service firms build a culture of expertise through custom operational and project management software.
Ian’s experience as a developer, in enterprise consulting, digital marketing, and SaaS product teams, has led to a unique conversational approach to fostering productivity
The company works with businesses to create custom software to give employees better days and professional services firms a path to long-term success.
In this episode, he shares how we can build out a custom software development process that fuels success and growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is a custom software development
- Why invest in a custom software development process and what does it look like
- How to best approach custom software development
- How to address the issue of the number of software tools available that we may already be using
- Risk mitigation in custom development
- How to reduce complexity in building out a solution
- A framework that drives the critical part of the custom software development process
- How to address ongoing development and maintenance in the custom software development process
- How best to deal with data and legacy systems and processes
- How to best communicate within an organization and manage the change process
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Enliven
- Learn from Andie Dovgan – Low Code Automation: How to Prepare For The Future of Business Growth
- Learn from Wouter Delbaere – How to Solve The Challenges of Outsourcing Services to Scale Growth
- Learn from Andrea Fryrear – How to Use Lean or Agile Marketing Principles to Boost Business Growth
- Learn from Nelly Yusupova – The Essential 10 New Product Development Stages for Successful Projects
- Learn from Cary Richards – How to Drive Growth With a Product Bundling Strategy
- Learn more from Casey Sullivan – How to Leverage a Product-Led Growth Strategy to Boost Your Results
- Check out the article – Rob Walling on How to Create Your First Software Product (Even if You Can’t Code!)
- Check out the article – How to Create Content for Each Stage of the Buyer’s Journey
- Check out the article – How to Create Engaging Email Content that People Will Love
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- Learn from Justin Kline – Social Change Campaigns: How to Inspire Change And Drive Growth
- Learn from Angela Thurman- Project Management Communication: How to Mitigate Risk And Drive Growth Fast
- Listen to my interview with Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
Connect with Ian
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!