Justin spent most of his adult life working in growth, product, and design jobs before founding ISM. He used his experiences and skills to engage in disruptive marketing to solve a personal problem that he couldn’t find a solution for on the market.
ISM is a San Francisco based brand that produces a stylish line of high-quality backpacks and accessories geared towards young professionals.
About this episode
In this episode, Justin shares how to overcome 6 main hurdles to disruptive marketing that most businesses face:
- How the best disruptive marketing practices start with solving your own problem.
- How to identify competitive weaknesses.
- Zeroing in on where your audience hangs out.
- When and how to humanize the brand.
- Building a culture around creating awesome customer service and customer experiences.
- Looking for customer success in customers narratives.
Subscribe to the Predictable B2B Podcast
What you’ll discover in this episode:
- What businesses can learn from the approaches of other disciplines and industries?
- How effective disruptive marketing starts with scratching your own itch.
- How to find opportunities for disruptive marketing.
- Disruptive marketing strategies to solve distribution challenges.
- The role of narratives to help build emotional connections with future customers.
- Why you should not invest in landing pages when building out an MVP.
- Why being genuine and authentic can pay dividends as opposed to investing in tactics.
- How to build a community and gather feedback to enhance product development.
- How Justin processes all the feedback he gets to ensure he finds the gold required for predictable growth.
- Justin’s north star metric.