Building personal branding for business owners and executives is often a struggle. We know the benefits of building your personal brand.
We also know that business is about relationships, but it’s easy to forget this when you’re so busy running your company. Your success depends on building trust with your customers, partners, and employees. This means that if you want your company to grow, they need to know who you are as a person – not just the CEO or owner of the business.
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach for building out your personal brand strategy because every situation is different. But there are some basic steps we can recommend for creating an effective plan – like establishing what kind of personal brand identity will work best for you (and why) and how to use social media effectively in this process (without wasting time).
Ian Moyse shares his experiences in building out his personal brand and the principles we could powerfully leverage.
Ian Moyse is the Chief Revenue Officer, OneUp Sales, is also an industry cloud social influencer, and is widely published on matters of Cloud and Sales Leadership.
Ian moved from a sales role to a management role at age 23, developing over the years into a Sales Leader, in the Cloud Industry.
He is experienced in cloud & software sales/marketing – Successfully scaling sales, creating and managing high-performing sales teams & opening new markets. He has experience of a wide range of sales disciplines – building direct, indirect & inside sales teams across UK, EMEA & USA, As well as 10+ years experience in leading direct selling teams
In this episode, Ian shares how he has found success as a sales leader by building his personal brand. He shares ways to use personal branding for business owners and executives to drive growth. Insights he shares include:
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is personal branding for business owners and executives
- Personal branding for business owners and executives vs business branding
- The role and place of a personal branding audit
- Establishing your personal brand strategy
- Personal branding for business owners and executives – The elements required
- Do you need a brand identity
- Challenges/mistakes in building out personal branding for business owners and executives
- The role of being the guide in your personal brand
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out One Up
- Check out Ian’s personal site
- Learn from Ari Galper – 5 Powerful Trust Based Selling Principles That Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Claire Bahn – How to Build a Personal Brand That Predictably Drives Business Growth
- Learn from Kimberly McLemore – How to Craft a Brand Awareness Strategy to Rapidly Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Simone Vincenzi – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Listen to my interview with Xenia Muntean – What is a Personal Brand and How to Build a Personal Brand That Drives Growth
- Get even more inspiration with Julius Geis – How to Create Brand Development Strategies for Growth-Driven B2B Marketing
Connect with Ian
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!