Jan Cavelle is an entrepreneur from the UK who has used sales relationship building over a few decades while running micro and small businesses. She is very familiar with all the challenges that go with this environment, having started her own business from her kitchen table as a single mother with two young children. In overcoming many different obstacles, Jan went on to build her own multi-million turnover business.
She is also a speaker and author of ‘Scale for Success’ which talks about why so many businesses fail to cross the bridge between $1million and $10 million, and some of the strategies successful business owners use to break through this barrier.
In this episode, Jan shares her insights on how to use sales relationship-building to sell faster and drive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why Jan wrote the book Scale to Success
- Why brands also have a role to play in sales relationship building
- Jan’s tips for sales relationship building
- How to navigate being viewed as a commodity in a market and still build relationships
- How to identify real value in order to build genuine relationships
- Examples of companies that do sales relationship building well
- Why Jan believes cohesion is a key element in sales relationship building
- Terms like being genuine and authentic can seem trite and overused but what place do they really hold in sales relationship-building practices
- Do you need a different set of metrics to evaluate sales relationship building
- The best tools to invest in for sales relationship building
- and much much more …
Related links and resources
- Check out Jan’s site
- Get a copy of Scale for Success: Expert Insights into Growing Your Business
- Learn from Robert Elliott – Sales Process Mapping: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Listen to my interview with James Muir – How to Close a Sale: A Powerful Yet Proven 2 Step Process
- Get even more inspiration with Dyaln Ogline – 5 Examples of Niche Marketing to Inspire Predictable Profits
Connect with Jan
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!