Accountability in leadership is not as easy as it may sound, but it is necessary to bring genuine value to your team of employees & your organization and drive growth.
The words accountability, leadership, and value are used interchangeably but they each have their own unique meaning. Sometimes you need to take accountability for your actions and your team’s actions to grow as an organization and reach the goals you have set.
Also keeping employees accountable is not an easy task and it is even worse when they are leaders in the organization. Leaders are expected to lead by example and hold everyone accountable, but they can’t do it alone. The team needs to come together and buy-in to this accountability campaign and this makes it even harder.
In this episode and post, we will shed light on what accountability in leadership means, what it means to be accountable as a leader, why it is so important now, and how it can be achieved.
Jeff Cohen is a serial entrepreneur who has started six companies. He grew a software company from nothing to 20 million in revenue in a little over two years. He has also had the experience of being on Shark Tank and being called radioactive by Mr. Wonderful himself, Kevin O’Leary on Shark Tank.
Freedom is the dream of every CEO and entrepreneur. Developing leaders and teams with an ownership mindset is the ticket to fulfilling this desire. Jeff now presents Count-On-Able as the new and rapid success framework that guides CEOs to make this happen.
Jeff brings over 20 years of experience as CEO of technology and management consulting companies working with over 300 SMB and Fortune 500 clients to beat the competition while having fun and bringing the whole team along for the ride.
In Jeff’s book Count-On-Able, A Practical Guide to Lift, Shift and Empower YOU and Your Team, (which debuted as a #1 bestseller!) he lays out the number one impact to every business and a simple structured approach that eliminates this problem.
Sponsored by Union Bank, Comerica Bank, and The Valley Economic Alliance, Jeff has led over 40 underserved minority women to start, launch, and grow their businesses with the Count-On-Able program.
It took eight years, working with over 300 CEO’s, Business Owners, and Entrepreneurs to develop, test, and implement the Count-On-Able method and patent pending process.
In this episode, he shares how we can build a count-on-able culture to replace traditional accountability in leadership in order to drive growth and empower your team.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Do employees want a boss or leader
- Is accountability in leadership and business an outdated concept
- What could we replace accountability with and how would it play out practically speaking
- How should accountability in leadership shift from the way it has been traditionally handled
- Why count on people to keep their promises
- How has counting on people made a difference in business outcomes
- What do people who can be counted on do differently
- Why do we need to examine people’s motivations for particular roles
- The correlation between culture and accountability in leadership
- and much much more ….
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Count-on-able
- Learn from Nils Vinje – How to Gain The Soft Skills of Leadership to Drive Growth
- Learn from Rodolfo Carrillo – What is Conscious Leadership? How to Use it Effectively to Drive Growth
- Learn from Scott Miller – Educating Customers Through Content: How to Drive Growth Fast
- Learn from Thomas Kereszti – How to Use The Essential Keys to Leadership Success That Scales Growth
- Learn from Scott Schilling – 10 Powerful Servant Leadership Characteristics That Really Drives Sustainable Growth
- Learn more Minter Dial – How to Develop 5 Essential Leadership Characteristics That Boost Growth
- Learn from Ashley McManus – Thought Leadership Strategy: A Step-by-Step Guide With Examples For Growth
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – Leadership Statistics: 21+ Surprising Facts You Need to Know to Drive Growth Easily
- Check out the article – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Sophie Wadsworth – How to Find And Embrace Your Leadership Voice to Spur Growth
Connect with Jeff
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!