As an organization, do you have a clear understanding of the data protection principles you need to apply to your business processes? How big an impact do they have on the growth of your organization?
Data protection can be something that we all just think we should be doing – but in reality, it is a complex subject that affects every business. We need to be aware of the most important data protection principles and what they mean for our business.
In this episode and post, we uncover 7 of the most important data protection principles and how we can make sure that we are balancing compliance with culture in order to drive growth.
Punit Bhatia is the founder and owner of Ek Advisory BV. He is a Member of the Training Advisory Board at IAPP and an Advisory Member at Plumcloud Labs Inc.
In his roles, Punit provides strategic coaching and advice to privacy experts, business owners, and upcoming privacy professionals. Punit is a Fellow in Privacy (FIP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP-E), and Certified Outsourcing Professional (COP).
He is known for providing advice that is simple, pragmatic, and business-aligned.
He is also the author of books like “Be Ready for GDPR”, “Be an effective DPO” and “Intro to GDPR” that are available on Amazon. The book “Be Ready for GDPR” is listed as #1 in Best GDPR Books by Book Authority. He is an active speaker at international events and delivers guest lectures at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.
For a large European bank, he served as a Privacy and Protection Officer to drive GDPR compliance by advising privacy professionals across 30-plus countries. As part of this, he published privacy guidance on several key topics and coached/trained many people.
Punit has 20 years of experience across three continents. He has led projects and programs of varying complexity in business and technology throughout multiple industries. He has proven expertise in areas of data protection, privacy, sourcing, and vendor management. This allows him to quickly grasp the needs of privacy professionals, business owners, and upcoming privacy experts.
In this episode, he shares how we can better get a handle on key data protection principles and the 7 principles that are critical to driving growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What are the data protection principles
- Why are the data protection principles important
- Balancing compliance and culture around data protection principles
- How to look at data protection principles in a way that drives growth as opposed to achieving the bare minimum
- The need to embed data protection principles within your data management program
- How do ensure your staff can respond effectively to data breaches
- The need for a privacy vision for your company
- The need for someone with a helicopter view to steer a strategic privacy initiative
- The need to have someone to help you manage vendors /contract risk
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Fit 4 Privacy
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Michael Brenner – The Importance of Building Customer Relationships: 11 Ways to Build Them
- Check out the article – How to revive your content marketing with cartoons
- Check out the article – 100+ Powerful B2B Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – How to Build Your Business With Content Marketing: A BS-free Guide to Content Marketing Strategies for Startups
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Liam Carnahan – Content Marketing for Startups: How to Drive Growth With The Right Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Prarthana Sibal – Storytelling in Content Marketing: How to Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Punit
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!