Why is a product feedback strategy so important?
In any market, there is a customer and a product. As a business, you need to concentrate on making the best product for your customers. And for this, you need to collect customer feedback.
It’s no longer a secret that the products we use every day are not just the result of a good design. With the growth of technology, businesses have turned to user feedback to improve products and provide valuable service to their customers. Businesses are now using feedback to create better products and provide their customers with a more personalized experience.
Customers tell you what you need in order to make your product better, but if you don’t know how to access this information, you’re asking for trouble. Without a strategy, you’ll be left with a lot of noise instead of actual feedback. With the right strategy and the right tools, you’ll be able to understand your customers and make better decisions.
In this episode and post, we explore how companies are using feedback to create more personalized products and how this can help your business improve its products. We’ll also look at the best product feedback strategy to collect product feedback and get your customers talking about your product.
Matt Young is the CEO UserVoice, a product feedback management software that enables businesses to make data-driven product decisions and prioritize feature requests by making customer feedback more meaningful.
As a boy, he had early access to computers since his Dad worked for IBM. In the 80s, he was interested in music and video games, which carried on through the rest of his life.
Matt started his professional career as a software developer, right when web browsers were released. He developed innovative solutions on the web well before SaaS was a thing.
In 2015, Matt joined his current venture as the VP of Engineering. At the time he was hired, the company was trying to press into the enterprise space, and in order to do that, the company needed some organization and some process put into place.
In this episode, Matt shares how we can guide our product feedback strategy to drive certainty and growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- How did the idea of UserVoice come about and who is it for
- How to build a data-backed product validation process
- A data-backed product validation process for how product management is undertaken
- Should customers be driving your product roadmap
- How to find the right people for product feedback and validation
- It seems experience is key to getting this right so what metrics should we track – NPS, PMF, churn rate, renewal rate, etc
- How to create scalable product feedback and validation testing process
- How to foster collaboration between departments to make the best use of product feedback
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out the UserVoice
- Learn from Casey Sullivan – How to Leverage a Product-Led Growth Strategy to Boost Your Results
- Learn from Dan Tyre – How to Always be Helping to Drive Sales Success And Revenue Growth
- Learn from Nelly Yusupova – The Essential 10 New Product Development Stages for Successful Projects
- Learn from Raman Sehgal – How to Develop a Powerful Strategy For Marketing a Product
- Learn from Brad Smith – How to Build Out a Content Production Process to Successfully Drive Growth
- Learn from Luke Szyrmer – How to Use a Product-Market Fit Framework to Boost Growth
- Learn more from Ian Robinson – Custom Software Development Process: How to Fuel Success And Growth
- Learn more from Stormie Andrews – How to Create a B2B Buyer Persona That Actually Drives Revenue Growth
- Check out the article – Rob Walling on How to Create Your First Software Product (Even if You Can’t Code!)
- Check out the article – How to Create Content for Each Stage of the Buyer’s Journey
- Check out the article – How to Create Engaging Email Content that People Will Love
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- Learn from Subra Krishnan – What is Real Time Marketing: How to Use it Powerfully to Drive Growth
Connect with Matt
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!