Social change campaigns are taking the marketing world by storm. Not only do they encourage brand loyalty and brand advocacy for a brand but also empower and inspire people to advance a cause or drive a change. These campaigns are developed by marketers and are usually launched to create awareness, educate people, and attract new customers.
Social change campaigns are therefore a very important part of business growth and success. Social change campaigns can provide a company with the motivation and drive to help them achieve its goals. Companies have started to adopt different approaches to social change campaigns, with influencer programs being one of the most popular ways to drive growth and inspire change.
A challenge however is that a lot of businesses struggle to grasp the power of social media and the impact of influencers on business growth. The two topics have enabled the creation of a new marketing department – the influencer marketing department.
In this episode and post, we look at how to combine the two topics to create social change campaigns. These are inspired by the biggest social change campaigns of all time. You will learn how influencer programs can be used to get the right people involved in the campaign and help drive growth.
Justin Kline is the Founder and President of Markerly. During his 9-year tenure, Justin has led the company’s growth, guiding strategic direction, product development, and developing Markerly’s platform and media practice.
During Markerly’s ascension as a pioneer of influencer marketing, Justin has spearheaded award-winning campaigns for Fortune 500 brands, Non-Profits, and Government organizations. Justin has also developed a unique methodology that allows for influencer marketing to be holistically integrated within broader media plans to maximize impact–developing technology to streamline the process.
Prior to Markerly, Justin was responsible for managing multi-million dollar monthly ad budgets that involved complex audience targeting and optimization at AddThis (acquired by Oracle) for brands such as 1-800-Flowers, Sony Pictures, Hilton, and more. In addition to leading and growing Markerly, Justin’s interests range from philosophy, ethics, history, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, software engineering, and advising startups.
In this episode, he shares how we can craft social change campaigns that inspire change and drive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- The correlation between marketing and influence
- Does culture within an organization determine the probability of success with influencer marketing
- What are social change campaigns
- How influencer programs fit into the overall strategy a company pursues
- How influencer marketing can drive social change campaigns
- How to develop the right kind of campaigns social change campaigns
- How best to build communities around influencer campaigns
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Markerly
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Michael Brenner – The Importance of Building Customer Relationships: 11 Ways to Build Them
- Check out the article – How to revive your content marketing with cartoons
- Check out the article – 100+ Powerful B2B Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – How to Build Your Business With Content Marketing: A BS-free Guide to Content Marketing Strategies for Startups
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Liam Carnahan – Content Marketing for Startups: How to Drive Growth With The Right Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Prarthana Sibal – Storytelling in Content Marketing: How to Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Justin
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!