Want more client referrals? Here’s how!
Most businesses are always looking for ways to find more client referrals. However as outlined by GrowThink.com some 58.6% of us don’t even take the time to ask for them! This isn’t something that happens automagically, but rather is the offspring of a straightforward, focused strategy used continuously. To help you catch the idea allow me to share seven easy ways to get more client referrals, quicker and easier than you may have thought possible! (Image credit: Flickr)
- Recruit your best customers – Your best customers may be your best option, as they are already fond of what you do don’t need enticement to refer you to their circle of contacts. You simply need to ask them!
- Offer incentives – Discounts, freebies, upgrades or other incentives appropriate for your business are a good way to get people to give client referrals.
- Over-deliver on first-time customers – When you get a new customer, a great way to get them talking to their circle of contacts is to over-deliver on them. This could come in many ways, but make certain they view your business as a cut above the rest.
- Engage your customers – Find creative ways to engage with your customers and possibly find a way you can benefit each other. The secret is to get them talking, and being open to ideas. Create an online neighborhood for your customers, say for example a blog or Facebook group.
- Be polite and a giver – Make saying “Thank You” part of your daily lexicon, and be generous when it comes to handing out perks. Laying a surprise gift card or thank you note on a customer can be very beneficial.
- Get the staff working on it – Helping your employees get behind this can amplify your efforts. You may have to put together some sort of reward, but it can be well worth the time and effort to put it together.
- Create a customer loyalty program – A customer loyalty program, best implemented online, is definitely an awesome tool to help create interest and engagement.
- Use content marketing strategies – Content marketing is basis by which your audience can be built and converted to potential sales and is a great way to get people talking and “word of mouth” referrals happening.
Consistently working a client referral plan takes some conviction, but at the end of the day can create excellent results with a modest outlay.
Are you currently using any strategies to drive more client referrals? Let us know in the comments below.