There has been an explosion in mobile photography content. This is largely due to advances in technology and the visual nature of the internet. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words well in the internet world it is also potentially worth 1000’s of clicks, likes and retweets.
According to Overgram’s infographic – 300 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day, and the website has “10,000 times more photos than the Library of Congress.” 70 percent of all Facebook activity is based on photos. Also worth noting is that when pictures are uploaded, engagement goes up by 120%.
So with the increased interest in mobile photography content and apps like Instagram what can businesses do to leverage this for their content marketing?
Well its quite simple really tell your business story through photos. Here are a few ways you could leverage mobile photography content for your business.
- Share in the appeal of animals on social media
- Share celebrity sightings especially if they interact with your products or brand
- Provide a human face to your brand by introducing your followers to the people who make your business
- Share in your travels including trade-shows or event sponsorships.
- Show of your office and office culture through a snapshot of a day in the life at work
- Provide exclusive sneak peeks to your fans of services, products, virtual tours, new offices etc.
- Show what your products can do and invite fan based content.
- Show behind the scenes work at launches or product promos
- Show how it is made when it comes to manufacturing products or where materials are sourced from.
- Show of your products, encourage your customers to engage in mobile window shopping.
- Don’t overuse or stuff hashtags. Creating hashtags for Instagram photos by event, geolocation, or subject matter is a good idea, just remember to keep hashtags relevant.
Have I missed out on a few ideas that you would use for leveraging mobile photography content, if so feel free to add to them in the comments below.
Check out Overgram’s infographic for an intersting look at the mobile photography explosion.
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Steps to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021
- What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process - February 24, 2021