Building blogger relationships with others is one of the biggest challenges that bloggers face and one that they need to allocate time and effort to in order to build relationships. However quite often I find people use a shotgun approach in the hope of gaining clients. Perhaps you may have encountered some of these yourself. Given some of the communications that are being sent out, it would seem that they have very little to do with building relationships. while there may not be a comprehensive list of to do’s with building blogger relationships, there are some fundamentals that need to be adhered to if there is to be any hope of having some sort of long term relationships. (Image credit: Flickr)
Some of the essentials required to build blogger relationships is as follows –
1. Ensure you know your audience and know what they need and or are interested in. You cannot be a provider of services or products to everyone and so knowing your clients will pay dividends in the long term.
2. When communicating with your target audience, personalize or customize the communications in order to engage them and make it relevant to them.
3. Provide a call to action that informs the receiver of your communication as to what is expected of them.
4. Avoid free email services such as gmail and hotmail. Email communications do need to come from a domain name that is used with your company in order to provide credibility as does an authentic senders name.
5. Always be ready to answer how your audience made it to your email list especially if they haven’t opted in. Do not spam people as it is the fastest way to lose their attention.
Did I miss any key elements to build blogger relationships, if so please add them in the comments below.
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Steps to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021
- What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process - February 24, 2021