There is a lot being said about how to start and develop projects but how does one finish projects properly and build evangelists out of your existing clients. While unhappy endings are always a challenge, it doesn’t need to be and there are ways to finish the project properly with all sides having a happy ending. More often than not challenges or problems tend to come up towards the end of the project. here are a few ways to build relationships and create a happy ending for clients and your business.
1. Address issues as they happen. If problems arise then bring them up with the client as they arise, that way proper expectations are set and you can avoid project creep and address money issues when required.
2. Project completion and launch. If for example the project centers around a new website, then chances are that the client has probably got plans for a launch. You can inquire about this and use that information to avoid issues, create workarounds and avoid unpleasant final impressions.
3. Money. Few of us are very comfortable with talking about money issues but setting expectations and any project creep as they are brought up will prevent any unpleasant project ending conversations. (Image credit: Flickr)
To create evangelists really you need to start by creating an impression. Here are a few ways
1. Show your appreciation. These do not need to be very extravagant and can be as simple as a handwritten thank you card.
2. Launches. If the client is doing a launch ask to be part of it or may be you might want to help create a launch party.
3. Share project completion. Clients tend to be happy with completed projects or websites and are often quite happy for you to share it with others who are interested in their business.
4. Networking. Look into your client list and see if there are any clients with complimentary businesses that could be useful to each other.
To build evangelists, you can continue to foster relationships when you finish projects properly by scheduling on-going follow up meetings, letting your projects link back to your company and most importantly following up consistently despite a busy schedule.
Do you have any other tips to finish projects properly and build evangelists? if so please let us know in the comments below.
- How to Use Case Studies for Sales and Actually Boost Business Growth - September 14, 2021
- How to Market Online Courses Easily to Drive Business Growth - September 13, 2021
- How to Craft Powerful Audience Engagement Strategies That Drives Growth - September 13, 2021