In this episode, Andrew Tarvin, the world’s first humor engineer and founder of Humor at Work shares his thoughts on using humor in business communication.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why Andrew left P&G to start Humor That Works
- Why is humor in business communication important
- What are the potential downsides of using humor in business communication
- What are the key opportunities and threats of using humor in business communication
- Can humor be used to persuade more effectively
- From a sales point of view does humor work best as a top-funnel technique?
- How to ensure that humor aligns with your brand identity
- What if you can’t joke about what you’re selling
- Let’s say I run a brand that has never used humor in content marketing before. How do I start
- Can humor be used to elicit more feedback and insight into a customer’s experiences
- and much more
Links and resources mentioned
- Check out Humor That Works
Connect with Andrew
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Steps to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021
- What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process - February 24, 2021