A thought leadership strategy is one of the most important aspects of any business, but it can be difficult to create a strategy that compounds growth over time. Much like building a house, it requires a purposeful, solid foundation built to last as the world around it changes.
Many businesses try to create a new category or become the thought leader in an existing category, but this can be difficult and time-consuming.
In this post and podcast episode, we help you build a thought leadership strategy that will compound growth over time. You’ll learn the foundational elements of a thought leadership strategy, examples of how to execute it, and how to add customer stories and their voice to the process. Plus, we’ll give you tips for getting your team involved with thought leadership.
Ashley McManus is the Senior Director of Global Marketing for Smart Eye, the global leader in eye-tracking software solutions. With over 10 years of B2B tech marketing experience, Ashley was part of the branding team that led to the successful exit of startup Affectiva for $76.5 million in 2021.
As a speaker at multiple events, conferences, and conventions Ashley has positioned herself as a thought leader in the marketing space. She also hosts her own podcast, “Affectiva Asks”.
A marketing leader with deep expertise in inbound marketing. She is really good at breaking down challenges, coming up with creative solutions, and driving results quickly, within budget.
In this episode, she shares her experiences to tell us how we can build a thought leadership strategy that compounds growth over time.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Does creating a new category and thought leadership work together? If so why
- How Ashley defines thought leadership
- Foundational elements of a thought leadership strategy
- Examples of a thought leadership strategy
- The place that original research has in thought leadership
- How to best determine the big ideas and your unique point of view
- How to add customer stories and their voice to the process of building your thought leadership
- How to get your team involved with thought leadership
- The correlation between thought leadership and partnership marketing
- What does successful partnership marketing look like
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Smarteye
- Learn more with Daniel Alfon – How to Use LinkedIn for Powerful Business Marketing Results
- Learn from Xenia Muntean – What is a Personal Brand and How to Build a Personal Brand That Drives Growth
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the interview with Nicole Santer – How to Create a Thought Leadership Event That Actually Drives Growth
- Check out the interview with Susan Baier – What is Thought Leadership and How to Become a Thought Leader With Original Research
- Listen to my interview with Marti Sanchez – How to Become a Thought Leader That Quickly Boosts Your Company Growth
- Learn from Scott Schilling – 10 Powerful Servant Leadership Characteristics That Really Drives Sustainable Growth
- Listen to my interview with Thomas Kereszti – How to Use The Essential Keys to Leadership Success That Scales Growth
- Learn from Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
Connect with Ashely
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!