In the fast-paced world of B2B multi-channel marketing and sales, the need for a personalized, multi-faceted approach is more crucial than ever. In a recent episode of Predictable B2B Success, host Vinay Koshy welcomes guest Gary Garth, founder and CEO of Elev8.io, for an insightful discussion on evolving strategies for success in B2B sales and marketing. Gary emphasizes the importance of a comprehensive approach, integrating strategic gifting, personalized emails, events, and newsletters to engage prospects.
The episode delves deep into the evolving B2B marketing and sales landscape, highlighting the need for personalized, effective processes, relationship-building, and aligning sales and marketing efforts. Gary shares invaluable insights on systems, tracking, and the pivotal role of technology integration in achieving sales success.
From navigating the blurred lines of attribution to establishing a consultative sales approach, this captivating episode will leave you equipped with practical strategies and a renewed perspective on B2B multi-channel marketing and sales.
Watch the episode
About Gary Garth
Gary Garth has had a successful career with over 20 to 30 field projects and six successful exits under his belt. With nearly ten years of experience working for some of the largest Google and Microsoft resellers, Gary spent significant time working closely with Google and Microsoft’s channel sales team, enabling other marketing agencies to resell their products. He focused on revenue expansion, growing the revenue per account by adding different products to the equation.
Gary’s work involved speaking directly with high-level executives and training over 200 agencies in a span of 3 years. His diverse experiences and successful track record make him a valuable asset in the tech industry.
Crafting a B2B Multi-Channel Marketing and Sales Strategy for Enhanced Growth: Lessons from Gary Garth
In the dynamic realm of B2B marketing and sales, the pursuit of growth and success hinges on the strategic orchestration of multi-channel approaches. In this in-depth exploration of Predictable B2B Success, Gary Garth, the founder of Elev8.io, provides invaluable insights and actionable strategies for businesses aiming to propel their growth through multi-channel marketing and sales tactics. From personalized account-based approaches and relationship-building to seamlessly aligning sales and marketing efforts, this episode presents a wealth of practical takeaways to elevate B2B growth strategies and drive success.
1. Personalized, Multi-Channel Account-Based Strategy:
Gary Garth’s emphasis on a personalized, multi-channel approach underscores the need for B2B businesses to tailor their engagement strategies to individual accounts. Leveraging strategic gifting, personalized emails, events, and newsletters, companies can create a compelling and personalized experience for their prospects, enhancing engagement and fostering meaningful connections through various touchpoints.
- Tailor-Crafted Engagement: Craft tailored messaging and engagement strategies for individual accounts, combining strategic gifting, personalized emails, events, and newsletters to resonate with their needs and preferences.
- Multi-Channel Engagement: Leverage diverse channels such as email, events, and personalized gifting to reach prospects through their preferred communication mediums, amplifying the impact of your engagement efforts across multiple touchpoints.
- Personalization Through Strategic Gifting: Incorporate strategic gifting, encompassing thoughtful items such as books, playbooks, or planners, to add value and personalization to your engagement process and leave a lasting impression on your prospects.
2. Relationship-Centric Approach and Nurturing Prospects:
At the core of a successful multi-channel B2B strategy is nurturing relationships and fostering goodwill with prospects. Gary’s emphasis on understanding the fundamental needs of customers and the strategic removal of distractions paves the way for businesses to focus on building deep, lasting relationships, transcending transactional boundaries, and nurturing invaluable connections.
Practical Steps for Implementation:
- Relationship-Centric Mindset: Instill a culture of prioritizing relationship building over just pursuing quick conversions, aligning your sales and marketing efforts to foster genuine, long-term connections with your prospects.
- Deep Customer Understanding: Develop a robust understanding of your customers’ needs and aspirations, ensuring that your sales and marketing strategies are strategically aligned with delivering personalized, value-driven experiences.
- Distraction-Free Engagement: Streamline your approach, cutting through the noise and distraction to create focused and meaningful interactions, establishing genuine, enduring relationships with your prospects.
3. Aligned Sales and Marketing Collaboration:
The fusion of sales and marketing efforts is paramount in a multi-channel B2B strategy. Gary highlights the critical misalignment between these functions and advocates for fostering collaboration and integration to create a unified, customer-focused approach that drives growth and success.
Actionable Collaboration Strategies:
- Enhanced Team Cohesion: Foster regular interactions and joint meetings between sales and marketing teams, promoting a harmonious environment where both functions collaborate seamlessly to achieve shared business objectives.
- Common Metrics and Goals: Align your sales and marketing teams through shared KPIs and objectives, forging a holistic approach to customer engagement and growth that transcends traditional silos and facilitates a unified strategy.
- Integration of Efforts: Seamlessly integrate sales and marketing activities, synchronizing outreach efforts, engagement strategies, and customer touchpoints to create a cohesive, unified front that resonates with prospects and propels the business forward.
4. Talent Acquisition and Continuous Training:
The success of a multi-channel B2B strategy is underpinned by the acquisition of talent with the right attitude and attributes. Gary’s emphasis on continuous training and mentorship underscores the need for B2B organizations to cultivate the right skill sets and attitudes necessary to drive growth through their multi-channel sales and marketing endeavors.
Strategic Talent Development:
- Attitude-Driven Hiring: Prioritize candidates with the right cultural fit, attitude, and growth potential, supplementing their relevant experience with the attributes necessary to excel and contribute to a multi-channel growth strategy.
- Continuous Training and Support: Provide structured onboarding, ongoing training, and mentorship to empower your team to navigate the intricacies of a multi-channel B2B strategy effectively, enabling them to flourish and drive growth.
- Cultural Alignment: Focus on aligning new hires with the company’s culture and values, ensuring that they embody and contribute to the multi-channel business growth strategy, enhancing overall team cohesion and effectiveness.
5. Sales Optimization and Performance Measurement:
Central to a successful B2B multi-channel strategy is optimizing sales performance and measuring the impact of multi-channel engagement efforts. Through comprehensive attribution, integrated CRM solutions, and a metric-driven approach, businesses can gain insights into their performance and refine their strategies to drive growth.
Key Performance Optimization Strategies:
- Data-Driven Performance: Embrace a data-driven approach, utilizing an array of metrics to gauge performance, identify areas for amplification, and fuel strategic decision-making that bolsters the multi-channel B2B strategy.
- Comprehensive Attribution Models: Implement robust attribution models to decode the impact of multi-channel sales and marketing activities, illuminating the customer journey and conversion pathways and enabling targeted strategic enhancements.
- Integrated CRM Solutions: Leverage advanced CRM solutions that harmonize with your multi-channel engagement tools, empowering your team with comprehensive tracking, reporting, and analysis to optimize the impact of your multi-channel strategies and drive growth.
6. Strategic Growth and Market Expansion:
Gary discusses the increased competition in the market and the need for companies to be strategic to gain market share and grow. He emphasizes the importance of focusing on factors such as desired cost, conversion rates, cost per client, lifetime value, call tracking software, CRM integration, and sales enablement for high conversion rates.
- Strategic Market Analysis: Conduct in-depth analyses of the market landscape, competitors, and growth opportunities, enabling strategic decision-making and effective market expansion.
- Conversion-Centric Approach: Prioritize conversion rates, cost per client, and lifetime value in your growth strategies, crafting initiatives that drive high conversion rates and sustainable growth.
- Leverage Sales Enablement: Invest in sales enablement tools and resources that empower your sales teams to perform at their best, driving efficiency, effectiveness, and growth.
Equipped with the insights and tactical strategies curated from Gary Garth’s expertise in multi-channel marketing and sales, B2B organizations are poised to craft robust, growth-focused strategies that resonate with their prospects and drive success. By embracing a personalized, relationship-centric approach, aligning sales and marketing efforts, nurturing talent, and optimizing performance through data-driven measurement, businesses can propel their growth and thrive in the fiercely competitive B2B landscape.
Some areas we explore in this episode include:
- The personalized, multi-channel approach in account-based selling and marketing
- Use of strategic gifting, personalized emails, events, and a monthly newsletter for engaging prospects
- The need for a more personalized and effective process with IP tracking and relationship-building
- Measuring various sales metrics to optimize performance, including email outreach campaigns, reply rates, meeting bookings, and call volumes
- Proper attribution, reporting, and measuring of sales and marketing activities requiring a CRM that integrates with relevant tools and sources
- Misalignment between sales and marketing teams and the need for collaboration and integration between the two
- Hiring individuals with the right attitude and attributes and providing support and a clear career path for new hires
- The importance of structured approaches for referrals, with recommendations for requesting referrals and capturing customer stories effectively
- The significance of retaining customers and increasing customer satisfaction levels for business growth
- The importance of systems, tracking attribution, hiring, and training for sales success
- And much, much more…
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Elev8.io
- Check out AcceleratorPlatform.io
- Check out Gary’s personal website
- Get a copy of the book – The Zero to 100 Million Sales Blueprint
- Learn more from Henry Wong – 7 Keys For Building Your Personal Brand to Drive Growth And Sales
- Learn from Garik Tate – How to Balance AI Automation And The Human Element to Drive Growth
- Learn from Kasper Sierslev – 10 Insider Secrets To Build An In-house Agency For Creative Collaboration And Growth
- Learn from Joel Klettke – How to Use The Science of Customer Stories to Drive Revenue Growth
- Learn from Matt Alderton – Referral Partnerships: How to Scale Referral Relationships For Growth And 7 Figure Returns
- Learn from Steve Prada – 5 Pinnacle Business Principles to Drive 5x Growth in 5 Years
- Check out the article – 9 AI Tools That Can Be Used to Increase Revenue at B2B Companies
Connect with Gary Garth
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s Predictable B2B Podcast episode! If the information in our interviews has helped your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!