So many companies are still struggling with inbound sales. While there are a lot of tactics that can be used to generate leads, the truth is that most B2B companies aren’t doing them well.
You want to make sure that your marketing and sales teams work together from the beginning so they can get off on the right foot. If you don’t do this, it might take months before you realize that something isn’t working as planned or even worse, until after a deal has gone south because no one was listening to each other along the way.
The problem doesn’t lie in the lack of marketing automation or poor lead nurturing strategies — it’s rooted in how businesses sell and market their products today. Inbound marketing has changed what prospects look for from your company, but most businesses haven’t adapted their sales approach to this new reality yet.
Nathan shares his experience on how his team at Kinsta has leveraged inbound sales by using an automated process where qualified leads get passed through a series of steps until they become customers (or not). It involves understanding exactly who your ideal customer is and then making sure you attract those people to your website so you can convert them into paying customers at scale!
Nathan Bliss is the Chief Sales Officer at Kinsta, a managed WordPress hosting provider that helps take care of all your needs regarding your website.
Nathan is a data-driven sales and marketing leader with more than 12 years of experience founding companies and leading teams.
He is an expert in SaaS tools for small and mid-market businesses, collaborating with remote teams, and has worked at companies like PayPal and Flywheel.
In this episode, Nathan shares his experience and insights to help us leverage inbound sales the way prospects buy.
Some topics we discussed include:
- How Nathan leveraged a background in sales in a marketing role
- How Nathan leveraged a background in sales to hone in on the right persona
- How Kinsta has developed a successful inbound marketing approach
- What is inbound sales? Why inbound sales matters
- What is the difference between outbound and inbound sales?
- How to use outbound sales tactics in an inbound way?
- Inbound Sales vs Inside Sales: What’s the difference?
- How inbound sales is changing
- The key elements to a successful inbound selling plan
- Common mistakes sales reps/AE’s make with inbound sales
- and much much more…
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Kinsta
- Check out Nathan’s personal site
- Learn from David Ledgerwood – Sales Operations: What it is And How to Implement it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Robert Elliott – Sales Process Mapping: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Listen to my interview with Simone Vincenzi – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Listen to my interview with Mark Welch – How to Craft an Action Plan to Improve Sales Performance
- Get even more inspiration with Sean Whitford – Generating Demand to Boost Growth: How to Use Demand Generation Strategies
Connect with Nathan
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!