One of the most important parts of your business is having a good business exit strategy. An exit strategy is an essential consideration for any business because the owner of a business should always be prepared for the future.
While a business exit strategy is a necessary part of a business owner’s financial future, many don’t think to establish one until they’re ready to leave. While it’s never too late to establish one, a comprehensive business exit strategy should be created in the very beginning when the business is first established.
Being prepared for the future can be the difference between being prepared for growth and having to close doors. Even if you don’t want to sell your business, you still need to plan out how you’ll be able to transition it to your employees or a new owner.
TIn this episode and post we will uncover the importance of a business exit strategy and how to establish one.
David Walters is the founder and CEO of Steam Powered Marketing. David and his team help business owners maximize the valuation of their company for a high payout exit.
Over 98% of business exits are for zero value. This is a tragedy as 60% of business owners start their company with the plan to sell their business to fund their retirement and for most business owners 85% of their net worth is in their business. David and his team help business owners with the goal of a 10x increase in exit value within 2 years.
Prior to starting Steam Powered Marketing, David was an Executive Officer Nuclear Submarine Disposal Group (Devonport) and Weapons Engineer Officer in the UK before working in nuclear emergency-related roles and crisis management types roles. He then went on to lead various projects for Siemens before launching his agency.
In this episode, he shares how we can build a business exit strategy that works for us while driving growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is a business exit strategy and why consider it?
- What should be considered In an exit strategy
- Important questions to ask for your business exit strategy
- How to maximize valuations of your business and diversify valuations
- How business exit strategies impact marketing strategies
- What questions to ask to determine whether we are ready to take our business to the next level
- Why an exit strategy requires an intentional culture in the organization
- When to start looking at assets that could potentially form profit centers
- How best to drive moonshot growth given the resources you currently have
- and much much more ….
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Steam Powered Marketing
- Learn from Jim Barnish Jr. – How to Create a Predictable Revenue Stream That Rapidly Drives Growth
- Learn from Ian Robinson – Custom Software Development Process: How to Fuel Success And Growth
- Learn from Gene Valentino – How to Identify Business Opportunities For Fast Growth And Profit
- Learn from Simon Bedard – How to Grow Your Business Online to Boost The Business Valuation
- Learn from Kobi Simmat- What Are Best Practices in Business That Drive Growth: 10 Practices You Must Know
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Check out the article – How to Write Headlines With Powerful Science Backed Triggers
- Check out the article – How to Create Content for Each Stage of the Buyer’s Journey
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Learn from Mark Herschberg – 10 Powerful Entrepreneurial Skills and Characteristics Needed to Drive Growth
- Learn from Scott Miller – How to Use Leadership And Mentoring to Easily Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Listen to my interview with Jamal Reimer – What is Enterprise Sales and How to Develop a Process to Boost Growth
Connect with David
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!