Leadership and mentoring are two key elements that create a culture of success within an organization. By using leadership and mentoring techniques you can easily drive growth within your organization.
You may have heard the phrase that leaders don’t produce followers, they produce more leaders. Human capital today is one of the most valuable resources any business can have. And the way in which you develop and nurture your team can have a determining factor in the future success of your business.
As a business leader, it’s important to not only grow your business but also to ensure that you are empowering your team members to reach their potential and drive growth. A great way to do this is by using a leadership and mentoring strategy in your businesses.
This blog will cover the foundational elements of a leadership and mentoring strategy, the metrics for your strategy, and how to use this strategy for business growth.
Scott Miller currently serves as the Special Advisor on Thought Leadership for the Franklin Covey Company and is the host of their weekly podcast series, On Leadership with Scott Miller. Scott also hosts FranklinCovey’s monthly book club on Bookclub.com which debuted in April 2021. Additionally, Scott is the prolific author of numerous books, writes a column for Inc. Magazine, and keynotes for clients around the world.
Scott began his leadership journey early as the student body president of his high school where he fell in love with politics. After working on numerous local, state, and national political campaigns, Scott joined the Disney Development Company where for nearly four years he was part of the team that designed and built the famed city of Celebration, Florida.
At the age of 26, Scott left Disney and joined the FranklinCovey Company. There Scott built a 25-year career in the world’s most respected and influential leadership development firm serving in nearly every role imaginable. From a front-line sales person to a project manager, sales leader, general manager, vice president, chief marketing officer to executive vice president of thought leadership, Scott’s experience at FranklinCovey shaped his views on leadership.
In this episode, he shares how we can use leadership and mentoring to easily drive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Should we subscribe to the notion that everyone is a leader
- Why invest in leadership mentoring
- Is there something to be said for gaining active feedback in a leadership mentoring relationship
- Is the idea of building your personal brand in sync with the idea of thought leadership
- Should every leader be a thought leader
- Whom should we be promoting as leaders
- What should be the foundational elements of a leadership mentoring strategy
- How would you identify an up-and-coming thought leader? What would you be looking for
- What kind of mentors should up-and-coming thought leaders be looking for
- The counterintuitive perspective that Scott suggests we look for in mentors
- Metrics we could incorporate to ensure we are developing leadership mentoring relationships in the right direction
- and much much more…
Listen to the episode
Watch the episode with Scott Miller
Related links and resources
- Check out Scott’s personal site
- Get a copy of Scott’s books here
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more from Michael Brenner – The Importance of Building Customer Relationships: 11 Ways to Build Them
- Check out the article – How to revive your content marketing with cartoons
- Check out the article – 100+ Powerful B2B Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – How to Build Your Business With Content Marketing: A BS-free Guide to Content Marketing Strategies for Startups
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Liam Carnahan – Content Marketing for Startups: How to Drive Growth With The Right Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Prarthana Sibal – Storytelling in Content Marketing: How to Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Scott
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!