Never underestimate the power of a good story. If you want to make your content marketing work, you need storytelling in content marketing. Even if you’re a boring brand!
Let’s face it. Most of your content is boring. You likely have a bunch of salesy, boring pieces that you’ve worked so hard to write. But when you look at it, you struggle to see the point of it. It doesn’t drive traffic, leads, or sales. Worse, you see other brands doing better marketing with their boring content!
You read a blog post and say, “They do it so well. I am such a failure.”
You aren’t a failure. You’re just not doing content marketing right.
Storytelling captivates an audience better than facts & data. That’s why storytelling is the #1 method for getting consumers to pay attention and pay for your brand. But what if your products or services don’t lend themselves to storytelling? What if your story is boring?
In this podcast episode and post we’ll cover that and what else it takes to include storytelling in content marketing to engage your audience and drive growth fast.
Prarthana Sibal is the Head of Client Services at award-winning B2B Podcast Agency Pikkal & Co.
Prarthana has managed over 1,000 Podcast Episodes from idea to launch including branding, public relations, corporate communications, brand reputation, and podcasting for brands.
In this episode Prarthana shares how to use storytelling in podcasts to easily drive revenue growth fast.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why do people hold the notion that Asians don’t listen to podcasts
- Why do people believe that long-form content is not engaging
- Why use audio as opposed to video (which many say is more engaging)
- How to include storytelling in content marketing
- How to include storytelling in podcasts
- How to include storytelling in content marketing for brands with non-sexy products or services
- How to think about episodic content that succeeds in engaging your ideal audience
- How to convince your management to start a podcast
- How to measure success when using storytelling in your podcasts
- Examples of successful B2B podcast practices
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Pikkal & Co
- Learn from Graham Brown – 7 Excellent Disruptive Marketing Tips Every B2B Brand Needs to Know
- Learn from Seth Erickson – Storytelling For Startups: 7 Tips For Powerful Growth
- Learn from Lubna Forzley-Badr – How to Use Storytelling in Business to Fuel Growth
- Learn from Sophie Wadsworth – How to Find And Embrace Your Leadership Voice to Spur Growth
- Learn from Joseph Wilkins – How to Create Stories That Sell and Drive Business Growth Predictably
- Learn from Simone Vincenzi – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Check out the article – The Power of Storytelling to Increase ROI: How to increase online conversions by 4 times
- Check out the article – How to Use Visual Storytelling to Market Your Business and Make it Memorable
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Listen to my interview with Sagar Sethi – What is Thought Leadership Marketing? A Guide to Guaranteed Growth Fast
- Listen to my interview with Cody Wittick – How to Use Influencer Seeding Strategies to Easily Drive Growth by 457%
- Listen to my interview with Anfernee Chansamooth – How to Use Case Studies for Sales and Actually Boost Business Growth
Connect with Prarthana
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!