Leaders need to be able to communicate their vision in a way that inspires others and leads to growth. However, many people struggle with finding their leadership voice or don’t feel confident in their ability to tell stories.
It’s not easy to find your leadership voice. In fact, it can be quite challenging if you’re not sure where to start. You may feel like you don’t have any stories worth telling, or that your voice doesn’t matter.
In this post and podcast episode, we help you find your leadership voice and inspire growth in those around you. You’ll learn how to develop a voice that is authentic to you and speaks to the culture you want to see. Plus, we’ll give you concrete examples of how to overcome common challenges with storytelling.
Sophie Wadsworth is an executive coach, writer, and nonprofit consultant. She has a passion for helping mission-focused leaders tell their personal and organizational stories. Previously Sophie worked as an adjunct professor of English and, for over fifteen years, served as a nonprofit executive and public speaker.
Drawing on her leadership and storytelling expertise, she coaches leaders to develop their stories and craft inspiring communications for keynote audiences, community stakeholders, and prospective funders.
Sophie is the author of a collection of poems, Letters from Siberia, and was recently chosen as a storyteller for WGBH’s Stories from the Stage, an award-winning WORLD channel series.
In this episode, she shares how we can find and embrace our leadership voice to spur business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why do some people believe that they don’t have any stories worth telling
- Why do leaders need to find and develop their leadership voice
- Is storytelling part art and part science
- What distinguishes a leadership voice from others
- How to listen and be conscious of the stories around us
- The best way to record stories without it being obvious
- How to overcome hangups with being vulnerable and yet developing the culture we want to see
- How to go about developing your leadership voice with examples
- How to develop a leadership voice that speaks to different personalities
- Key elements we need to develop in our leadership voice
- How to steal from those we admire to develop and grow our own voice
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Sophie’s site
- Learn more with Lubna Forzley-Badr – How to Use Storytelling in Business to Fuel Growth
- Learn from Joe Apfelbaum – How to Use LinkedIn For Business Development
- Check out the article – Content Marketing Planning: How to Craft a Proven Yet Winning Content Strategy
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Check out the interview with Scott Schilling – 10 Powerful Servant Leadership Characteristics That Really Drives Sustainable Growth
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Listen to my interview with Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
- Learn from Minter Dial – How to Develop 5 Essential Leadership Characteristics That Boost Growth
- Listen to my interview with Rajiv Lamba – What is Customer Empathy And Why it Drives Great Customer Service
- Listen to my interview with Ashley McManus – Thought Leadership Strategy: A Step by Step Guide With Examples For Growth
- Learn from Lucas Root – 5 Essentials to Developing Leadership Programs that Boost Business Growth
Connect with Sophie
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!