Customer referral program ideas are one of the best ways to accelerate the growth of your customer base. NetBase found that referrals are responsible for the majority of the growth of referred companies, where in some cases, referred customers made up over 90% of the company’s new leads. Referral programs are an easy way to drive growth. But, what is the best way to implement a referral program? And what are the hidden dangers to avoid?
Knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what to do so you can avoid the many pitfalls that come with setting up such a referral program.
Here are 18 customer referral program ideas that will help you get your referral program off to a flying start by using referral programs to drive revenue and customer growth.
Raul is the Chief Advocate at ReferralCandy, the #1 referral program platform online
Since its launch in 2009, they have over 30,000 paying users with over $10M in annual revenue. What’s even cooler is that since then they’ve paid out over 300M in referral commissions to clients.
Referrals are the key for a lot of businesses. For instance, MorningBrew has reached over 2.5M subscribers and attributes 30% of their subscribers to be from their referral program. The same goes for Harry’s when they gathered 100K emails in a single week.
In this episode, Raul shares we can use customer referral programs to drive growth while building strong partnerships and customer relations.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What it means to give value without expecting anything in return
- Why customer referral program ideas will not solve your business problems
- Why are businesses happy to invest in ads but not discounts or cash for referrals
- How to ensure you are ready for a customer referral program
- How to gain referrals in a way that is relationship-oriented as opposed to transactional
- Explore the intersection between referrals and performance marketing
- Customer referral program ideas
- Why ReferralCandy treats all partners alike
- Why effective customer referral program ideas require a bit of a mind shift
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Referral Candy
- Learn from Mark Raffan – What is Brand Evangelism And How to Use it to Easily Drive Growth
- Learn from Filip Zolata- 7 Proven Ways to Build Your Referral Business and Growth
- Learn from Ben Baker- How to Write a Powerful Brand Story That Boosts Referrals
- Learn from Steve Sims – How to Craft a Referral Marketing Strategy That Boosts Growth in 2023
- Learn from Mike Ulmer – How to Write a Book Proposal That Engages People And Drives Growth
- Learn more Kyle Duford – How to Develop Powerful Brand Strategy Frameworks That Rapidly Drives Growth
- Learn from Maddy Martin – How to Create an Engaging Brand Experience That Actually Drives Growth
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – Brand Credibility: How to Build it and Drive Growth Via Your Online Presence
- Check out the article – 7 ways to get more client referrals through strategic investments
- Learn from Margie Agin – How to Craft a Brand Strategy Framework That Actually Unlocks Rapid Business Growth
Connect with Raul
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!