A successful business will always have a strong focus on growth, even when the business has just been launched. Demand creation is one of those growth strategies that very few businesses, big or small tend to focus on.
Yet demand creation is one of the strategies that can help you drive growth for your business for many years to come.
Demand creation is the process of identifying new opportunities, creating demand for products and services, and converting leads into customers. Products and services that perform well on the market don’t go away. They create their own demand. They create their own market. They are revenue engines. They are in essence self-sufficient revenue generators for a company. A revenue engine is a product, service, or combination thereof that creates its own demand from customers.
If you can create demand for your products and services, you will create a powerful revenue engine for your business. But there is one big problem with demand creation, many businesses think that demand creation is a difficult strategy to implement.
Millie Hogue is the Director of Demand Generation and Head of B2B Marketing for MedBridge, a fast-growing Seattle startup. Her experience ranges from working with brands like Coca-Cola and Netflix to booming software companies.
She also owns her own marketing consulting firm where she teaches other startups how to jump-start revenue and own their space in the market.
By using demand generation strategies to help brands build revenue engines that will last for years – not a month.
In this episode, she shares how we can use demand creation strategies to build revenue engines that drive growth for years to come. Insights she shares include:
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why is marketing often an afterthought in most SaaS companies
- The difference between demand generation and lead generation
- Why Millie suggests we create a platform that fuels demand creation and generates compound interest over time
- How to balance short-term gains and revenue growth with longer-term objectives
- How to navigate the mind-shift and heart shift required to put marketing and demand generation at the heart of revenue growth
- The challenge for companies wanting to implement demand generation – sell to humans and bad messaging
- The best place to start with demand creation when on a tight budget
- How skyscraper content can still be a great demand creation tactic
- Is link building still worth pursuing given today’s trends
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Demand Wins
- Learn from Matthew Hunt – 5 Demand Generation Marketing Strategies to Drive Pipeline Growth
- Learn from Sean Whitford – Generating Demand to Boost Growth: How to Use Demand Generation Strategies
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer Driven Marketing Strategy
- Learn from Wayne Mullins – Evangelism Marketing: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jeff Wald – How to Build a Powerful Company Culture Deck That Drives Growth Predictably
- Learn more Ian Peterman – 9 Powerful Cohesive Branding Elements to Boost Business Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
Connect with Millie
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!