Do you know how to build customer trust and loyalty? Do you have a customer loyalty program that is more of a sales gimmick than something meaningful?
Most companies put very little effort into building real relationships with their customers. Instead, they focus on gimmicks like discounts and points. This rarely creates any lasting trust or loyalty between the company and the customer.
There are several things you can do to turn around your current situation.
First, make sure your culture reflects what you want from your customers in terms of loyalty, rather than just focusing on short-term profits.
Second, make sure all employees understand the importance of creating long-lasting relationships with customers through good service and genuine care for them as people not just as sources of money.
Third, be careful about how much attention you give to rewards programs because it might actually hurt your brand if it focuses too much on incentives rather than quality products or services. Finally, find ways for customers to feel involved in building trust through social media campaigns where they can share.
Shep Hyken a world-renowned customer service expert shares his thoughts and insights on this and more.
Shep Hyken, CSP, CPAE is the CAO (Chief Amazement Officer) of Shepard Presentations. As a customer service and experience expert and keynote speaker, Shep works with companies that want to build loyal relationships with their customers and employees. His focus is on delivering amazing customer service, customer engagement, managing the customer experience, and creating customer loyalty.
He is also a hall of fame speaker (National Speakers Association) and a New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author.
In this episode, Shep shares how we can build customer trust and loyalty to drive business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Do culture and branding need to be reflective of a companies customer loyalty ethos
- How to build customer trust and loyalty
- How to build customer trust and loyalty for the long term
- How do we transition companies that have customer loyalty programs that are more of a sales gimmick to something that is meaningful
- Lesson learned from the biggest customer service/loyalty turn around example you know about
- Metrics to use as we build customer trust and loyalty
- Is the best measure of customer loyalty word of mouth referrals
- Customer service only exists because we have broken processes that need fixing – true or false
- Are we better off with just having customer success instead learning how to build customer trust and loyalty
- How do we get customers involved in building loyalty beyond discounts and points so that they feel a sense of ownership
- People tend to seek out 5-star reviews should we really do the same
- Are review sites the best place to raise our social proof or are we letting other forums and organizations determine our social proof
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
Get a copy of I’ll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again
Check out Shep’s site
Learn from Dan Gingiss – How to Create a Digital Customer Experience Strategy to Drive Growth
Learn from Rich Rose – How to Radically Improve Customer Service for Business Growth
Learn from Dee Bowden – 9 Top Customer Service Best Practices That Drive Growth via Business Collections
Learn from Kyle Duford – How to Develop Powerful Brand Strategy Frameworks That Rapidly Drives Growth
Learn from Chris Goward – 11 Steps to Improve User Experience for Customers and Drive Growth
Listen to my interview with Sreelesh Pillai – 8+ Ways to Meet Customer Expectations And Exceed Them to Drive Predictable Growth
Discover more with Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
Listen to my interview with Mike Adams – How to Create Customer Value Via Systems of Intelligence That Drives Growth
Connect with Shep
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!