There is a lot of customer research going on in companies, but most of it is not being used effectively.
Companies are spending hundreds of millions of dollars each year doing customer research and still can’t get their sales teams to sell more effectively. As a result, the vast majority of the insights from these studies go unused.
Customer research is one of the most powerful tools for building better products and driving sales growth, but too many companies try to cut corners with surveys or focus groups that don’t actually tell them what they need to know. We’ll show you how customer research works and why it matters so much more than just asking customers what they think about something on Twitter or Facebook.
Andrew Deutsch uses a different approach to do effective customer research that will help you drive sales growth by using your findings to inform your marketing communications and product development decisions.
His framework focuses on empathy for customers so you can better understand what they want and need from your company’s products or services. By talking with prospects face-to-face we learn about their hopes, dreams, fears, and challenges so we can tailor our messaging appropriately when communicating with them online via email or social media channels like Facebook Messenger chatbots.
This methodology helps B2B marketers build stronger relationships with potential buyers which leads to an increase in conversions at every stage of the customer journey.
Andrew Deutsch is the founder of Fangled Group, a strategy-first multilingual global marketing, and sales consultant, and has successfully driven business growth in more than 120 countries, driving revenue in the 10’s of billions of dollars.
He has spearheaded innovative campaigns proven to drive demand and cultivate sales success in highly competitive companies and brands from conception to market success. His expertise includes inspiring key stakeholders to collaborate and build value propositions and comprehensive marketing roadmaps designed to strengthen the brand influence and grow sales.
In this episode, Andrew shares lessons from his experience while showing us how to conduct customer research that drives growth via new insights.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why do companies often believe that they understand who their customer is and think that they know how their company differentiates in a way that matters to their customers.
- How Andrew changes that perception amongst the leadership of a company
- Andrew’s approach when scaling a business internationally
- Types of customer research
- How to do customer research
- Empathy and curiosity in customer research
- How to go about asking the right questions
- How to find the prospects and customers to talk to
- How to do customer research without physically talking to customers
- How to use customer research to drive sales
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out the Fangled Group
- Learn from Susan Baier – What is Thought Leadership and How to Become a Thought Leader With Original Research
- Learn from Fred Copestake – 5+ Ways to Building Trust With Clients That Drive Predictable Growth
- Learn from Kyle Duford – How to Develop Powerful Brand Strategy Frameworks That Rapidly Drives Growth
- Learn from Graham Brown – 7 Excellent Disruptive Marketing Tips Every B2B Brand Needs to Know
- Learn from Nicole Santer – How to Create a Thought Leadership Event That Actually Drives Growth
- Listen to my interview with Sam Shepler – 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Pamela Wagner – How to Advertise Your Business Easily at Scale to Drive Business Growth
- Explore the Lift-off Strategy: How to Boost Business Growth With an Empathy-Driven Content Marketing Strategy
Connect with Andrew
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!