The majority of businesses out there are not making the most of customer service best practices, and it’s costing them dearly.
This is a huge problem because without great customer service you’re going to lose customers – which means fewer sales. If you don’t have enough sales then your business will fail, simple as that!
Not being able to recover funds owed is not an uncommon problem especially among small businesses that have customers that owe them money. The reality is that many companies are afraid to ask their clients for payment because they don’t want to upset them or lose their business altogether.
The first thing you need to do is stop thinking about your customers as people who owe you money, but instead as individuals with whom you have a relationship. Asking someone for money can be uncomfortable, so it helps if we put ourselves in our customer’s shoes and try not to take things personally when they say no or delay paying us what they owe us. You should also focus on doing everything possible to make sure your customers feel comfortable talking about payments with you.
Dee Bowden shares what we can do to build customer confidence; resulting in more revenue collection opportunities, better cash flow management, and most importantly better customer service culture.
Dee Bowden is the founder of BCS solutions which helps companies with outstanding invoices recover money that was owed to them in the past. She has recovered over $13.5 Million over the past 10 years.
In this episode, Dee shares her insights into customer service best practices that make business collections an easy process.
Some topics we discussed include:
- How Dee defines business collections
- Why businesses tend to get nervous about asking for money
- What has customer experience got to do with business collections
- The process that Dee follows to broach the topic of business collections
- Customer service best practices that Dee recommends companies develop and follow
- How to nail your first impression and personalize the relationship
- How to check assumptions we make about customers
- Should we make customers feel like they are the center of our world
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Dee’s website
- Get a copy of her book – Collect the Cash
- Learn from Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
- Learn from Fred Copestake – 5+ Ways to Building Trust With Clients That Drive Predictable Growth
- Learn from Kyle Duford – How to Develop Powerful Brand Strategy Frameworks That Rapidly Drives Growth
- Learn from Rich Rose – How to Radically Improve Customer Service for Business Growth
- Learn from Mark Colgan – What is an Omnichannel Customer Experience And How to Boost Growth With it
- Listen to my interview with Sam Shepler – 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Mark Terrell – How To Use Motivational Maps To Improve Employee Motivation
- Listen to my interview with Cory McKane – How Understanding Your Customer Wants and Needs Easily Drives Growth
Connect with Dee
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!