Project profitability is an issue that a number of service-based businesses face.
Heading up a digital agency Santiago (Santi) Bibiloni noticed that his clients would often have trouble making decisions about which projects to work on. They always had more opportunities than they could handle, but they were also struggling with how to prioritize the ones that were most profitable.
The problem of prioritizing profitable projects is a common one in business today. In fact, the entire B2B industry is struggling to get business owners to commit to projects that could help them grow their businesses. And even when they do commit, project scope creep leads to budget overruns and missed deadlines.
It’s difficult for firms to know what project should get their attention first, especially when so many different options are available and there isn’t enough time or resources to pursue them all.
Project Profitability helps companies measure the profitability of a given project before it’s started so you can zero in on the best opportunities for growth by focusing your resources where they will have the most impact. It also provides insights into areas that need improvement so you can reduce cost overruns and build better relationships with clients through transparency around what you deliver vs what was promised.
Listen to the podcast to hear how Santi’s new venture COR provides this information along with accurate estimates for clients that we know will be delivered as expected every time because we’re working off actual data rather than assumptions or past experience like everyone else out there doing this type of work right now. This allows you to rank your projects based on potential revenue, cost savings and return on investment (ROI) so you can focus your team’s efforts where it will bring in the greatest rewards for your company.
Santiago (Santi) Bibiloni is a co-founder and CEO of COR, one of the fastest-growing AI companies in the world providing data analysis for hourly rate service companies including major advertising agencies, attorneys, and any service-based company dependent on turning a profit using billable hours.
Prior to COR he founded Balloon Group, one of Argentina’s fastest-growing digital agencies, among other businesses.
Today he continues to grow COR and is also a Sales and Fundraising mentor at 500 Startups as well as speaker and jury in big technology, advertising, and entrepreneurial events.
In this episode, Santi shares how COR’s project profitability perspective powerfully drives growth fast.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What COR is and how it got started
- Why Santi is going after a $50T market
- Some of the questions Santi asked to evaluate the problem he wanted to solve in the early days
- Why Santi decided to go through 500 startups
- Why create a new category around project profitability
- What kept Santi going even when the possibility of being successful was remote at best
- How they approached building a minimum viable product
- How he found product-market fit around project profitability
- Santi’s customer acquisition strategy early on for COR and why he made a massive pivot in his business model
- How Santi thinks about pricing for COR
- Santi’s advice around sales for a B2B startup and project profitability
- How COR has built out predictable business growth
- Why and how culture has become a key area of focus with COR
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out COR
- Learn more with Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn more with Matt Cowell – How to Improve Data Literacy Skills via Microlearning Programs to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jarod Spiewak – How to Craft a Trust-Based Data Driven Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth
- Learn from Naira Perez – Building Community Online: How to Use a Powerful Data-Driven Approach to Drive Growth
- Learn from Francis Brero – How to Improve Your B2B Marketing Funnel Output by Leveraging Data
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Listen to my interview with Andie Dovgan – Low Code Automation: How to Prepare For The Future of Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Brandee Sanders – Data Science Process: How to go From Pilot to Pipeline to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Alicia Butler Pierre – Business Operations: How to Build a Scalable Structure That Drives Growth
- Listen to my interview with Yoram Solomon – How to be Trustworthy And Build a Culture of Innovation
- Get even more inspiration with Brady Werkheiser – Blockchain Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
Connect with Santiago
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!