Which do you lean towards when creating marketing strategy – gut feel or a data driven marketing strategy?
Most business leaders rely on gut feel and past experiences when it comes to making decisions. They might use some metrics and analytics but they don’t really know how to use them effectively.
Many companies have started using big data, but most of them haven’t figured out how to use it effectively yet so they’re struggling with growth. Data can be hard for marketers to understand and even harder for non-marketers who don’t think that they need it at all.
The solution is simple – create a trust-based relationship between your company and your customers based on a data driven marketing strategy. This will help you build credibility as an expert in your field while also helping you make informed decisions about your business based on real numbers rather than guesses or assumptions. By using a data driven approach you’ll be able to grow faster without having to spend more money!
Jarod Spiewak founder of Comet Fuel hares his experiences and insights from helping businesses grow through data driven marketing strategies.
Jarod Spiewak’s interest in writing led him to discover Search Engine Optimization (SEO). All of his clients were looking for SEO-prioritized content and eventually, he was tasked with writing an article on how to do SEO.
That led to a revelation that he could take on clients of his own and that is when he decided to build Blue Dog Media and now Comet Fuel.
In this episode, Jarod shares his insights on how to craft a trust-based data-driven marketing strategy that drives growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- The difference in a data driven marketing strategy vs a data informed marketing strategy
- The benefits of a data driven marketing strategy
- Why businesses don’t rely so much on data to inform their marketing strategy
- How to educate people around using data to inform your strategy and bring about a change in their approach
- Easy to implement data sources that any business can use
- How to pick the right tools to leverage data for your business
- How to craft a trust-based data driven marketing strategy that drives growth
- Examples of data-driven marketing strategies and results obtained
- The best ways to collect data around experiences and empathize with customers
- How to craft data stories
- and much much more…
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Comet Fuel
- Learn from Naira Perez – Building Community Online: How to Use a Powerful Data-Driven Approach to Drive Growth
- Learn from Brandee Sanders – Data Science Process: How to go From Pilot to Pipeline to Drive Growth
- Learn from Francis Brero – How to Improve Your B2B Marketing Funnel Output by Leveraging Data
- Learn from Mike Adams – How to Create Customer Value Via Systems of Intelligence That Drives Growth
- Check out this interview with Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
- Get even more inspiration with Elias Zepeda – How to Build an Amazing Webinar Funnel From Scratch That Drives Revenue Growth
Connect with Jarod
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!