B2B sales enablement often gets overlooked in the rush to generate leads. The problem is that there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to sales enablement, and many companies don’t have an effective strategy for getting their teams up to speed on the latest tools and best practices.
The issue gets even more difficult as there’s no one right answer here because every company has different challenges.
For example, if you’re not using a tool like Salesforce, your sales team might be missing out on some great ways to track progress and stay motivated by metrics like pipeline growth or lead-to-opportunity conversion rates.
Another issue could lie with regards to how they distribute content internally and questions being asked like – who should own it? Sales or marketing? What kind of training do they want/need (product knowledge vs skills development), etc.
To shorten your learning curve have a listen to this podcast episode with Amy McClain, a proven B2B sales enablement expert who currently works with Calendly which has achieved incredible growth in recent years by focusing on sales enablement strategies.
Amy McClain is the senior manager of sales enablement at Calendly. She is responsible for scaling and training the SMB, mid-market, and enterprise sales teams to engage prospective customers and win deals.
Calendly is a modern scheduling platform for high-performing teams and individuals – enables sales and revenue teams to increase conversion rates faster with personalized links sharing meeting availability, centralize their interactions with integrations to Salesforce, and optimize the customer experience with Workflows for features like automatic meeting communications, such as reminder texts.
In this episode, Amy shares her experiences and thoughts on B2B sales enablement and how we can develop a game plan to drive predictable rocketship-like growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- The four components to B2B sales enablement
- Calendly’s journey to rocketship growth and adoption within the enterprise
- How empathy can improve sales enablement outcomes
- Metrics for measuring the effectiveness of sales enablement
- A framework to harness the data available to fuel sales enablement strategies
- How best to ensure that the voice of the customer is incorporated into content
- How Calendly handles lead handoffs
- How often Amy’s team revisits their audience persona’s and why
- How to prioritize and develop content for sales enablement
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Calendly
- Learn from Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from David Ledgerwood – Sales Operations: What it is And How to Implement it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Todd Caponi – How To Build Trust With Customers: 9 Rules To Abide By
- Listen to my interview with Alex Price – 5+ Simple Ways to Improve User Experience For Websites That Boosts Growth
- Listen to my interview with Sam Gupta – How to go About Building a Tribe And Quickly Driving Growth
- Get even more inspiration with Elle Woulf – Why Buyer Enablement is The Future of B2B Marketing
Connect with Amy
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!