Investing in a website is something that many people have tried without much success. But then there are a few who have used it much like the creation of Unsplash to drive millions of visits to the company’s core offering making them a success.
So should you consider investing in a website as a growth strategy?
Many businesses have grown organically and the owners of these companies are not aware of how they could use SEO to drive business growth, or even what SEO is. This causes them to miss out on an opportunity for new customers and sales that would otherwise be available if they were more knowledgeable about search engine optimization (SEO). They also may believe that it’s too expensive and time-consuming when there are other strategies that can be employed to help grow their company.
The good news is that with proper planning, research, investment, and implementation – you can see significant improvement in your organic search traffic without spending hours upon hours each month optimizing your site manually. This post and podcast will walk through some things to consider before making an investment into a website using SEO as one potential growth strategy for your business.
Matt Raad is the CEO and Co-Founder of eBusiness Institute (a digital training organization and is passionate about helping others to buy online businesses.) and with his wife Liz, they have been recognized as Australian experts in buying online businesses.
Matt is also a highly successful website investor, angel investor, and digital educator who has over 25 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions of businesses from $1M up to $20Million.
Matt is regarded, as Australia’s leading expert in training total beginners how to buy websites, website valuation, website due diligence, and investing in digital assets.
The eBusiness Institute’s digital training programs, help high-income earners transition, from their job or business income to leveraged passive website income, so they can secure their future and own real online assets that can be sold for 20-50x their monthly income!
In this episode, Matt shares his insights and experiences gleaned from years of experience. He shows us how to go about investing in a website that drives business growth via SEO easily. Insights he shares include:
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why consider investing in a website as a growth strategy
- How do you ascertain whether a website is worth investing in given where you’re at currently, in your business
- What sort of criteria should we look at when acquiring a website
- How to estimate/calculate the ROI on your investment of investing in a website
- Performing due diligence prior to making an investment
- Risks, issues, and control requirements
- Mistakes made in buying websites
- What process should we follow when taking over a website and planning future growth
- An approach to keyword research when investing in a website
- How to best group keywords when investing in a website
- How best to link internal pages
- How to think about getting traffic to your site
- The best way to manage links as your site grows
- How get your site and content promoted
- What Matt wants more business owners to know about digital marketing
- and much much more …
Listen to the episodes
Related links and resources
- Check out eBsuiness Institute
- Check out 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Learn from Brad Smith – How to Build Out a Content Production Process to Successfully Drive Growth
- Learn from Jeff Coyle – How to Create Amazing Content: 10 Ingredients to Drive Long Term Growth
- Learn from Emilia Chagas – How to Drive Growth With a Content Marketing Strategy
- Check out the article – The Ultimate Guide to Creating Content That Converts
- Listen to my interview with Amy Woods – How to Repurpose Content to Drive Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Ryan Robinson – How to Fuel Your Content Promotion to Drive Business Growth
- Get even more inspiration with Thibaud Clément – How to Fuel Growth with a Social Media Marketing Content Strategy
Connect with Matt
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!