Customers are more connected to brands and each other than ever before. They’ve connected their online and offline experiences, and it’s something every brand needs to understand. This is where customer engagement marketing comes in. If a customer isn’t connected to your business, how can you expect them to engage with you?
You might be investing in all kinds of advertising, but unless your customers know who you are, what you do, and what you stand for, you can’t expect them to be loyal. Things like advertisements, emails, and marketing tactics are all now often labeled as spam because consumers aren’t engaged in the marketing tactics that we are using.
Each of us loves to interact with people and this is true even when it comes to our brands. We want to be a part of the stories you tell and the experiences that you create as a brand. We want to feel like we are part of something and businesses that understand this are the ones that are most successful.
How do you ensure that your customers are engaged with your business? The answer is simple. You need to create a customer experience that is memorable and encourages customers to have conversations about your business.
In this podcast episode and post, you will find more on the topic of customer engagement marketing and how you can use different tools to help you get there.
Joe Davy has been the co-founder and CEO of Banzai since 2016. Banzai is the leading event marketing automation platform, with over 200 customers including Microsoft, Dell, Vmware, SAP, and RingCentral.
Forbes magazine named Joe to its 30 Under 30 list in 2019. Joe is also a board director at Legalpad and the North Carolina Museum of Art Foundation.
Prior to founding Banzai, Joe was General Manager at Avalara, where he oversaw small business and enterprise business units and was a member of the Avalara leadership team. During his tenure, Avalara grew to over 1,500 employees in 16 global offices with over $150M in revenues.
In this episode, Joe shares his experience on how we could use customer engagement marketing strategies to become a pipeline hero.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why use customer engagement marketing
- Joe’s definition of engagement marketing
- How can virtual events be part of the process
- Why these events should not be once a year type events
- How can we break down engagement to ensure the success of our marketing
- What customer engagement marketing has meant for Joe in light of the pandemic
- How to implement a customer engagement marketing strategy
- Customer engagement marketing strategies that can be added to your existing marketing strategy
- Customer engagement marketing examples
- How to marry online and offline events and capture data to ensure success before making large investments
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Banzai
- Learn from Vivek Nanda – How to Craft Powerful Audience Engagement Strategies That Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Learn from Aron North – 7 Ways to Bring Empathetic Marketing Into Your Growth Strategy
- Learn from Kris Grant – How to Create a Powerful Stakeholder Engagement Plan That Drives Growth
- Learn from Jonathon Hensley – How to Craft a Powerful Customer Engagement Strategy for Online Brands
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Check out the article – #ContentCatchup: Content Marketing Customer Engagement Tips and Tactics
- Check out the article – How Local Content Marketing Can Drive Engagement
- Check out the article – ContentCatchup: Visual Content Engagement
- Check out the article – Zig Ziglars Lessons on Social Media Engagement
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Julius Geis – How to Create Brand Development Strategies for Growth-Driven B2B Marketing
- Listen to my interview with Hoyin Cheung – Hybrid Events: 10 Things to Consider to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
Connect with Joe
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!