Salespeople are often considered a breed apart, often wandering into battle armed with little more than wit and gumption. After all the sales industry is known as one of the toughest and most cutthroat fields to be in requiring well-developed sales skills.
If you’re struggling with your sales, you’re not alone. That’s because the majority of businesses are. There are a lot of things going against them: outdated sales techniques, ineffective sales strategies, overpriced products and services, and more. If you’re not selling as much as you should be, it’s not your fault. Chances are your sales strategy and sales skills are the issue
The truth is that sales are the end result of a complex process, requiring the careful development of a number of sales skills and traits. Unfortunately, a lot of businesses are using sales teams but not many are using the right sales skills to find success.
Whether you’re a seasoned sales professional or someone who’s never sold anything before, you might be somewhat lost when it comes to figuring out what the perfect sales strategy is.
- Is the traditional sales approach enough?
- Is telemarketing going to cut it?
- How important is customer support and information gathering?
You can’t simply do one thing, without doing the other. Sales is a multi-disciplined, non-linear system that requires many different skills, traits, and a selfless attitude. What this means is that if you don’t have all the foundational skills, you could end up negatively impacting the business.
This podcast episode and article will cover some of the most crucial sales skills & traits that you must develop if you want to achieve total sales enlightenment.
Jose Palomino is the CEO of Value Prop Interactive, which helps mid-market B2B companies struggling with sales growth and margin pressure sharpen their competitive edge to win more and better business.
Jose empowers business owners with winning marketing and sales strategies. He has unlocked hundreds of millions of dollars in growth for dozens of owner-led B2B companies—in highly competitive markets.
Jose is also a speaker, professor, and author of the acclaimed book, Value Prop: Create Powerful Value Propositions to Enter and Win New Markets.
In this episode, he shares his experience to share his top sales skills every great salesperson needs to master to drive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why do businesses often approach building out sales the wrong way
- Why Jose feels that most business leaders need to take a pause
- Why not having someone to champion sales in a strategic manner can be a problem
- How best to address sales operational issues from the get-go
- Top sales skills every salesperson should master
- Why is a value proposition so critical to a business and sales skills
- The best way for a company to gain clarity on their value proposition
- Is it more important for smaller companies to establish sales operation and sales strategy plan
- What companies can we look to for examples to inspire our own journeys
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Value Prop
- Get a copy of Jose’s book – Value Prop: Create Powerful I³ Value Propositions to Enter and Win New Markets.
- Learn from Amy McClain – B2B Sales Enablement: How to Develop a Game Plan For Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Learn from Mark Herschberg – 10 Powerful Entrepreneurial Skills and Characteristics Needed to Drive Growth
- Learn from Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Learn from Robert Elliott – Sales Process Mapping: What is it And How to Use it to Drive Growth
- Learn from Simone Vincenzi – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Learn from Brenden Kumarasamy – How to Make a Successful Sales Pitch That Persuades More Effectively
- Listen to my interview with Michael Haynes – How to Drive Growth with a Buyer Driven B2B Sales Approach
- Listen to my interview with Fred Copestake – 5+ Ways to Building Trust With Clients That Drive Predictable Growth
- Listen to my interview with Yoram Solomon – How to be Trustworthy And Build a Culture of Innovation
- Listen to my interview with Jake Lynn – Building a B2B Sales Pipeline That Drives Growth and How to Optimize it: 9 Essential Stages
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Stephen Timme – Insight Selling: How to Increase Pipeline With Powerful Data
- Learn from Joe Davy – 7+ Customer Engagement Marketing Strategies to Make You a Pipeline Hero
Connect with Jose
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!