Mark Herschberg is a fractional CTO for various companies including Averon. He is the author of The Career Toolkit, Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You. He studied at MIT and started the Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program, dubbed MIT’s “career success accelerator,” where he teaches annually.
In this episode, Mark shares his insights and perspectives on the 10 powerful entrepreneurial skills and characteristics needed to drive business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Do lessons learned from ballroom dancing mirror Mark’s thinking behind the book -The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You
- The time that Mark realized that he just had to teach people entrepreneurial skills and characteristics that weren’t being taught in any formal way at the time
- Why the career toolkit isn’t just for people who are interested in changing roles or careers or even students
- Why organizations should have their people invest in developing their entrepreneurial skills and characteristics
- How culture and leadership of a business impact the development of people’s entrepreneurial skills and characteristics
- What is unique about the perspective Mark provides us with
- Why Mark divided his book into 4 sections – Career, Leadership and Management, and Interpersonal Dynamics
- Why are these areas are important to an executive or anyone aspiring to scale their business
- Why start with a career plan and what it looks like
- The 10 powerful entrepreneurial skills and characteristics needed to drive growth
- and much more …
Related links and resources
- Check out Mark’s site
- Get a copy of The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You
- Listen to my interview with Robert Cutler – How to Include These Sales Manager Strategies to Boost Growth For a Killer Year
- Get more inspiration from Xenia Muntean – What is a Personal Brand and How to Build a Personal Brand That Drives Growth
- Discover a few more valuable insights from Artur Meyster- 23 Essential Best Practices for Hiring Top Talent in Tech
Connect with Mark
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!