Insight selling is the process of providing powerful, relevant financial insights to your prospects so that they can make smarter purchasing decisions.
As a sales leader, you undoubtedly have a well-developed sense of the importance of analytics in supporting your team’s success and the need to provide value via insights in your meetings with potential buyers. But the ability to actually leverage those insights in a way that is meaningful to the growth of their bottom line is not so intuitive. In fact, most sales leaders are not aware of the specific steps to follow in order to transform data into real growth opportunities.
This podcast episode and post will provide insight into what insight selling is, how to make it a part of your sales process, and how to create powerful financial insights. It will cover the types of questions you have to ask and the types of insights you need to come up with to transform your business.
Dr. Stephen Timme is the President and Founder of Finlistics, a B2B sales leadership company that promotes insight-led selling. FinListics teaches B2B sales professionals how to elevate their sales to the C-suite. FinListics currently operates in more than 32 countries worldwide and continues to expand its global footprint annually.
With a beginning in academia, Dr. Timme was a finance professor at Georgia State University when Fortune 500 companies would often approach him for consulting projects. Eventually, he was asked by UPS to work with them for a year, which led to another and additional consulting roles. After several years of teaching and consulting, Dr. Timme left academics to begin FinListics to help sellers help buyers by:
- telling them something they don’t know,
- showing the business and financial benefits of their solutions, and
- make their life easier
Dr. Timme’s financial background and experiences with buying executives help him provide sellers with answers to these requests.
In this episode, he shares from experience how we can use insight selling to increase pipeline with powerful financial analytics.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why sellers don’t believe they have anything new to share with potential/future buyers
- What is insight selling
- How to use financial analytics to drive growth via insight selling
- Why sellers should develop an executive mindset
- Why get a handle on executive compensation
- How to get to know a customers industry in order to offer insights
- How to connect the dots for buyers with financial insights
- What is the power of one and why use it
- How do you go from value proposition to making a business case
- and much much more…
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Finlistics to learn more about Insight-Led Selling. Lots of value information in Resources
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Complimentary chapter 1 – Executive Insights from Amazon Best Seller – “Insight-Led Selling; Adopt an Executive Mindset, Build Credibility, Communicate with Impact”
- And/or more information about FinListics services
- Please note that you heard about FinListics after listening to the Predictable B2B Success podcast
- Learn from Rob te Braake – How to Read Financial Statements to Look For Insights That Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Learn from Aron North – 7 Ways to Bring Empathetic Marketing Into Your Growth Strategy
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Check out the article – How to Create a Powerful Diversity Marketing Strategy That Drives Growth With Examples
- Listen to my interview with Andrew Deutsch – How to Conduct Customer Research That Drives Growth via New Insights
- Listen to my interview with Mike Krass – How to Pick B2B Marketing KPIs That Deliver Insights and Drive Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Guy Rozman – How to Craft Brand Messaging With 9 Key Components That Drive Growth
- Learn from Simon Bedard – How to Grow Your Business Online to Boost The Business Valuation
Connect with Stephen
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!