Empathetic marketing is about connecting with clients in a genuine way that results in ongoing engagement. It’s about knowing their feelings, concerns, wants, needs, and hopes.
We all grieve, laugh, and love as humans. These feelings arise from emotional experiences. Our role as marketers and businesses is to create a relevant emotional experience for our future customers through empathy-based marketing.
If anything the events since the pandemic in 2020 have demonstrated the need for empathic marketing for both large and small enterprises. The world has evolved, and businesses that wish to flourish must adapt to their consumers’ changing requirements. Empathetic marketing is the most effective approach to do this.
Creating a connection between your audience and your brand is the key to successful content marketing.
Consider this –
- You have more content, channels, and technology at your disposal to reach out to potential consumers. However, interacting with and creating trust with consumers has never been more difficult.
- You’re aware that your target audience requires what you have to offer, but your communications aren’t reaching them.
- You’ve tried everything: expert advice, best practices, cutting-edge technologies, and automation. But you just aren’t getting the results and outcomes you are looking for.
- Perhaps you feel like you are pulling your hair out given how frustrating the process can be.
So, how can you connect with more future customers and convert them into paying customers?
The answer lies in an empathy-based marketing strategy.
Aron North is the Chief Marketing Officer at Mint Mobile and has been making headlines with the brand since 2016. Prior to his promotion in 2019, Aron joined Mint Mobile as the SVP of Marketing and Creative, where he spearheaded the initial development of the brand’s marketing department and creative efforts.
Since then, Aron has led the launch of countless buzz-worthy campaigns and initiatives, driving the brand to 90,000% revenue growth over the last 5-years. Key campaigns include crossovers with Match’s Satan, where the devil himself takes a job working for “Big Wireless” — the place from hell; a Super Bowl stunt that involved swapping a $5million ad buy for a $130,000 print ad, and using the savings to increase customer data limits on all plans (free of charge); and a recent campaign with Major League Baseball’s Bobby Bonilla, offering users 25 years of wireless service for only $100/year.
In this episode, he shares the secrets behind the extraordinary growth he has been able to fuel in a predictable fashion.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Mint Mobile’s big marketing campaigns and strategy behind it
- The basis for Mint Mobile’s empathetic marketing strategy that has resulted in over 90,000% revenue growth
- How to use everyday events and occurrences in your empathetic marketing strategy
- How to incorporate visual components that are in line with your empathetic marketing approach
- Lessons learned from big brands/other brands and applied to Mint
- What Mint Mobile does instead of focusing on campaigns
- Aron’s thoughts on influencer marketing and disrupting the marketplace
- How to include customers’ voices in your marketing strategy
- Aron’s thoughts on empathy and customer experience while building a brand
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Mint Mobile
- Learn more with Rajiv Lamba – What is Customer Empathy And Why it Drives Great Customer Service
- Learn from Sophie Wadsworth – How to Find And Embrace Your Leadership Voice to Spur Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check ou the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – Lift-off Strategy: How to Boost Business Growth With an Empathy-Driven Content Marketing Strategy
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Listen to my interview with Christina del Villar – 4 Key Elements For a B2B Go To Market Strategy That Drives Growth
- Listen to my interview with Paul Rutter – How Customer Service And Loyalty Lessons From Cruise Lines Can Drive Growth
- Learn from Michael Leibowitz – 6 Elements of a Brand Messaging Strategy With Examples to Drive Growth
Connect with Aron
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!