When it comes to improving customer experience and increasing business growth, most companies lack customer empathy insights and focus on the wrong things. They spend time and money trying to improve their sales or marketing functions when what they really need is better insight into their customers’ needs.
Customer satisfaction is not enough in today’s world of real-time feedback and social media reviews. The only way to truly understand your customers is by listening to them directly.
Most businesses rely on surveys as a way of getting feedback from customers, but this approach usually yields poor results because people don’t like filling out forms, they’re not always honest with themselves or others about how they feel about your products & services, etc.
The key is to get real-time insights that can be used right away so you are able to take action in an agile manner. One of the best ways of doing this is by embedding customer empathy into your organization through insights, training programs, and leadership development workshops. This will help ensure that everyone understands why it’s important for them to listen carefully when dealing with customers (or potential ones) so they can gain more insights than ever before!
Listen to this podcast episode, in which Rajiv Lamba shares his experiences of gaining insights to drive business growth.
Rajiv Lamba is the CEO of Singapore-based Neurosensum a CX research startup that services 75 clients globally (including Nestle Danone and DBS).
Using his tried and tested B2B Enterprise SAAS model he grew Neurosensum from $0 to $4.4m ARR in just 3 years.
Rajiv is a CX pioneer, Southeast Asian Entrepreneur, and B2B SaaS leader who successfully grew his first research startup from $0 to $14m in sales in 6 years before a successful trade exit. Rajiv won the “Entrepreneur of the Year Award” in 2019.
In this episode, he shares how we can develop customer empathy through customer experience actionable data and insights to drive great customer service and business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- The origins of Surveysensum and Neurosensum
- Why use surveys to better understand customers as opposed to other methods
- Why customer empathy is the answer to understanding your customers better
- How to embed the voice of the customer into the organization
- How to get data scientist type actionable insights that further customer empathy and business growth
- How Southeast Asia fares with customer experience and customer empathy
- Is customer experience still a viable basis for differentiating a business brand
- How do we ensure we are gaining insights in real-time or close to it in order to act in an agile manner
- How to avoid survey fatigue
- How you should think about loyalty and implementing programs that add to the customer experience
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Neurosensum
- Check out Surveysensum
- Learn more with Dee Bowden – 9 Top Customer Service Best Practices That Drive Growth via Business Collections
- Learn from Rich Rose – How to Radically Improve Customer Service for Business Growth
- Learn from Michael Laps – Data-Driven Decision Making Examples: How to Leverage Customer Insights to Drive Growth
- Learn from Graham Brown – 7 Excellent Disruptive Marketing Tips Every B2B Brand Needs to Know
- Listen to my interview with Sam Shepler – 9+ Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy
- Listen to my interview with Paula Thomas – How to Create Powerful B2B Customer Loyalty Programs That Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Shep Hyken – How to Build Customer Trust And Loyalty to Drive Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Dan Gingiss – How to Create a Digital Customer Experience Strategy to Drive Growth
- Listen to my interview with Mike Adams – How to Create Customer Value Via Systems of Intelligence That Drives Growth
- Learn from Cory McKane – How Understanding Your Customer Wants and Needs Easily Drives Growth
- Get even more inspiration with Marko Hozjan – How to Scale a Service Business That Moves From Local to Global Reach
Connect with Rajiv
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!