A complex sales process is a roadmap you use to create consistency and uniformity in your complex selling relationships. There are three reasons why this matters:
- It builds confidence in sellers
- It builds confidence in the sales team/team members and
- It builds confidence in the buyers
A complex sales process is also one where your sales process has to be customized to address the long-term buying behavior of each individual client. In such scenarios, a standard sales process just won’t work. It is in place to solve these complex sales process problems.
The quality of your relationships with prospects and customers can’t be dictated by the quality of information that you have on them. Being able to create uniformity not only creates peace of mind but also creates better sales opportunities.
In this episode and post, we’ll explore how we can design a complex sales process that powerfully drives growth.
Merit Kahn is the CEO and President of SELLect Sales Development, which is an organization that helps companies across the country with their sales development through more of a consultive structured sales process.
Merit Kahn, CSP, is the author of Myth Shift: Challenging The Truths That Sabotage Success and creator of The Sales Mindset Mastery program, co-host of The Smarter Sales Show podcast featured on The Sales Experts Channel… and… writer, producer, and star of the one-woman inspirational comedy show, “Book of Merit”.
Prior to joining SELLect Sales, Merit was the Senior VP of Sales for a nationwide sales training organization and the youngest General Sales Manager for a start-up radio station in the country’s third-largest market.
She is certified in Emotional Intelligence and earned the highest designation in The National Speakers Association, one held by less than 12% of professional speakers worldwide, The Certified Speaking Professional, CSP.
In her various roles as a business owner, trainer, coach, consultant, and keynote speaker, she has worked with CEOs, business owners, entrepreneurs, sales management teams, and professionals across a wide variety of industries including financial services, manufacturing, engineering, professional services, technology, and even pest control.
In this episode, she shares how we can stop selling and get selected to drive revenue growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- The problem that most businesses face with complex sales processes
- The secret to the first step in closing a deal
- What is the Open for Business Framework and the science behind it
- Why Merit advocates the Open for Business Framework for complex sales
- Why do we need to use the ABC of selling in a complex sales process
- What is the SELLect sales process
- Why use SELLect sales process as a solution for your complex sales process
- How to leverage the process and framework to build trust with future clients
- Four words can really transform your business
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Content Callout
- Learn from Chaz Horn – How to Craft a Powerful B2B Sales Process to Easily Drive Growth Now
- Learn from Mandi Graziano – Empathy in Sales: How to Easily Build Influence to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jose Palomino – 17 Top Sales Skills Every Great Salesperson Needs to Master to Drive Growth
- Learn from Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Learn more from Michael Haynes – How to Drive Growth with a Buyer Driven B2B Sales Approach
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the article – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Listen to my interview with Jamal Reimer – What is Enterprise Sales and How to Develop a Process to Boost Growth
- Listen to my interview with Steve De Mamiel – 10 Ways Project Management for Sales Professionals Drives Growth
Connect with Merit
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!