Sales prospecting is all about finding potential customers. Prospecting is the practice of identifying potential customers and nurturing relationships with them with the end goal of getting them to buy your products or services.
The sales process is complex and many leaders overlook this. The fact is it’s a lot more than just finding and closing the deal. Sales prospecting has a huge role to play when it comes to making sales. Sales prospecting is something of an art form in finding potential customers or clients. It’s about figuring out who the target audience is and then finding them and targeting them with your sales pitch. It’s a lot trickier than it sounds and you can’t do it right unless you do it right.
In fact, sales prospecting is the lifeblood of a sales team, if you don’t prospect then you will not be able to sell. Sales prospecting is also a difficult task as it requires a lot of time, effort, and commitment.
In this episode and post, we’ll be sharing some rarely used sales prospecting tips that can help you prospect, close more deals and grow your business.
Nelson Gilliat is the author of the book called The Death of the SDR: Birth of Buyer Centric Revenue. He is also a Demand Generation Manager at Centerbase, a practice management software provider to law firms.
Nelson proposes the Buyer Centric Revenue model as an alternative to help marketers and sellers have more productive and fulfilling careers while helping companies grow better: more, faster, easier, and at less cost.
In this episode, he shares how we can reduce our sales cycle by 33% and drive growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why Nelson believes companies are running on outdated sales models
- How companies should go about sales prospecting
- Does Nelson’s sales prospecting plan suggest a model change? If so how do we deal with resistance within the organization
- Best ways to get buy-in and build the culture required
- Insights from companies that have made the change
- and much much more
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Get a copy of The Death of the SDR: And the Birth of Buyer Centric Revenue
- Learn from Chaz Horn – How to Craft a Powerful B2B Sales Process to Easily Drive Growth Now
- Learn from Mandi Graziano – Empathy in Sales: How to Easily Build Influence to Drive Growth
- Learn from Jose Palomino – 17 Top Sales Skills Every Great Salesperson Needs to Master to Drive Growth
- Learn from Tom Williams – What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process
- Learn more from Michael Haynes – How to Drive Growth with a Buyer Driven B2B Sales Approach
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Check out the article – How to Build a Personal Selling Process That Boosts Sales: 7 Steps
- Check out the article – 30 timeless lessons on creating killer content from one of the greatest business minds and copywriters: David Ogilvy
- Listen to my interview with Jamal Reimer – What is Enterprise Sales and How to Develop a Process to Boost Growth
- Listen to my interview with Steve De Mamiel – 10 Ways Project Management for Sales Professionals Drives Growth
Connect with Nelson
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!