Business resilience is the ability of an organization to cope with unexpected change.
In today’s business world, we are seeing more and more organizations struggling to keep up with their customer’s expectations. The way that people interact with businesses has changed dramatically over the last decade as technology has advanced at a rapid pace.
This means that companies have had to adapt quickly or risk losing out on valuable revenue streams from existing and new clients alike. However, this increased rate of change can be difficult for some businesses who struggle to keep up due to outdated systems or processes which were never designed for such fast-paced changes in customer behavior.
As a result, many organizations find themselves falling further behind than they would like and begin having difficulty keeping up with growing demand from both internal stakeholders as well as external customers. If left unaddressed, this problem will only continue to get worse until it eventually leads into what could potentially be fatal consequences for your business if you do not take action now!
Business resilience isn’t just a buzzword or another thing you should be doing as an entrepreneur or business executive – it is essential for growth.
So what do I mean by business resilience? It’s the ability of your organization to withstand disruptions while continuing operations with minimal impact on customers and employees. Think about how much time and money was lost during Hurricane Sandy in 2012 because companies couldn’t access their data! That’s why Jesse Kauffman has been working with leaders from around the world who want to build more resilient organizations.
Jesse Kauffman is the Vice President and Lead Consultant of Everyday Business Resilience Group, LLC. He has a successful 17-year career across a broad range of industries, bringing the expertise and skill needed to assist businesses. His experience includes:
- Developing highly effective global corporate business continuity processes and crisis management training for executive leadership teams and large-scale nutrition and pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities with Mead Johnson Nutrition and AstraZeneca.
- Large-scale global project management for new product innovations, on schedule and on budget, for Mead Johnson Nutrition.
- $35 million capital process ownership and leading-edge innovative systems management development for Mead Johnson’s North American manufacturing supply chain network.
In this episode, Jesse shares his experiences to provide insights into business resilience and how to build it to grow and scale businesses.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is business resilience and why is it important
- Why do companies struggle to think about resilience beyond physical infrastructure
- Is business resilience just a cost or can it help scale businesses
- The change that Jesse has encountered with business resilience since he began his journey
- The key drivers that motivate people to plan and evaluate their business resilience
- The dimensions of business resilience we need to consider
- Key elements to focus on to build and maintain resiliency in your business
- How best to measure and manage resilience
- How culture and leadership drive the resilience of an organization
- The systems approach and adaptability to building resilience
- Why worst-case scenario planning is unhelpful to building resilience
- How best to be resilient despite the increasing interdependence we have on other businesses and their systems
- Business resilience successes and failures we can learn from
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Everyday Business Resilience
- Learn more with Gail Gibson and Kavita Satwalekar – Resilience in Leadership: How to Create Resilience And Growth Despite Constant Change
- Learn from Kristen McAlister – How to Hire Fractional Executives to Quickly Scale Business Growth
- Learn from Thomas Kereszti – How to Use The Essential Keys to Leadership Success That Scales Growth
- Learn from Kris Grant – How to Create a Powerful Stakeholder Engagement Plan That Drives Growth
- Check out the article – Leadership Statistics: 21+ Surprising Facts You Need to Know to Drive Growth Easily
- Listen to my interview with Scott Schilling – 10 Powerful Servant Leadership Characteristics That Really Drives Sustainable Growth
- Listen to my interview with Paul Klein – How to Use a Price Positioning Strategy to Grow Your Business
- Get even more inspiration with Murray Smith – How to Build a Powerful Business Operating System That Drives Growth
Connect with Jesse
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!