Developing servant leadership characteristics could be the missing element that business owners need in the long term.
Because most business owners are focused on their own success and aren’t very good at sharing the spotlight with their team. Most sales leaders focus on the numbers, and spend most of their time managing quotas, tracking results, analyzing performance.
This is a huge mistake because if you want your company to grow, everyone needs to be working together in a positive way. If you’re not providing opportunities for your team members to shine then they won’t reach their full potential. You need to shift from the transactional mindset to being more strategic in order to drive sustainable business growth over time.
The first step is understanding what servant leadership characteristics are that will help you achieve this goal. Let’s take a look at few key traits that can help you transform your sales efforts into something truly remarkable!
Scott Schilling is an executive coach, trainer, speaker, and author, who has over 35 plus years of sales and marketing experience
He is on a mission to help entrepreneurs, business owners, and executives to transform their business by achieving more sales profitability, with less effort and expense.
In this episode, Scott shares powerful servant leadership characteristics that really drive sustainable business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- What is servant leadership in today’s context
- Is there a difference between servant leadership and leadership
- Scott’s journey towards servant leadership
- Is developing servant leadership characteristics enough to become an intentional servant leader
- How does servant leadership play out at all levels in an organization practically speaking
- The role of empathy in leadership and what it looks like practically
- How to leverage vision and empathy to lead
- Why Scott sought 19 mentors and how he suggests we approach mentoring relationships
- How to seek out servant leadership qualities in others
- Why building a community is a key trait to possess
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Scott’s website
- Learn from Nicole Santer- How to Create a Thought Leadership Event That Actually Drives Growth
- Learn from Minter Dial – How to Develop 5 Essential Leadership Characteristics That Boost Growth
- Learn from Gail Gibson and Kavita Satwalekar – Resilience in Leadership: How to Create Resilience And Growth Despite Constant Change
- Listen to my interview with Warren Coughlin – How to Use People Process And Performance to Set a Growth Agenda
- Listen to my interview with Kris Grant – How to Create a Powerful Stakeholder Engagement Plan That Drives Growth
- Listen to my interview with Kristen McAlister – How to Hire Fractional Executives to Quickly Scale Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Lucas Root – 5 Essentials to Developing Leadership Programs that Boost Business Growth
- Get even more inspiration with Susan Baier – What is Thought Leadership and How to Become a Thought Leader With Original Research
- Discover the powerful entrepreneurial characteristics needed to drive growth
- Check out the article – Leadership Statistics: 21+ Surprising Facts You Need to Know to Drive Growth Easily
Connect with Scott
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!