Digital marketing attribution is one of the most difficult digital marketing challenges in understanding the impact of digital marketing efforts on sales. Today, it’s more important than ever to know whether your digital marketing efforts are working. There are more channels and approaches than ever before and more tools to measure your efforts. When you implement a new marketing campaign you need to understand if it is providing you with a return on investment and if you are using the best channels to get that ROI. Understanding the different channels and platforms to be able to compare them can help you develop your digital marketing strategy.
Digital marketing attribution helps marketers understand the effect of their digital marketing activities. By tracking a customer’s journey through your website and the effectiveness of different platforms, you’ll be able to optimize your marketing budget and plan more effectively. However, there are many different ways to track digital attribution and this blog looks at the most popular ones and how they can help you.
If you can accurately determine the ROI of your digital marketing efforts, it provides a lot more flexibility and power for future strategic planning.
This blog will cover what digital marketing attribution is, and the different solutions that marketers use for digital marketing attribution.
Aaron Beashel is the founder and CEO of Attributor.io.
Aaron’s career to date has spanned multiple roles. Starting out, he co-founded a SaaS startup and has gone on to lead marketing teams at some of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in the world.
Throughout his career, spanning both the US and Australia, Aaron’s built amazing teams who together have increased lead generation by 30x, grown signups by 10x, and added millions in recurring revenue.
He believes that the key to growing a SaaS business is to create a repeatable and scalable growth engine. This growth engine should be built on a deep understanding of the customer, and be always working to attract potential customers and convert them into leads, signups, customers, and ultimately advocates.
In this episode, Aaron shares how we can take the complexity out of using digital marketing attribution: to drive business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why is finding a predictable, repeatable customer acquisition model or customer acquisition path actually the number one thing that kills most startups and businesses
- What is marketing attribution
- Benefits of marketing attribution
- Why is multi-touch marketing attribution considered useless (at times)
- Why don’t companies often know what to do with the data they have from attribution
- Common marketing attribution challenges and mistakes
- How to choose the right attribution model for your business
- How to address evolving privacy regulations and still obtain marketing attribution data
- How SEO has played a role in growing Attributer
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Attributer
- Learn from Matthew Hunt – 5 Demand Generation Marketing Strategies to Drive Pipeline Growth
- Learn from Phil Pelucha – 10 Powerful Strategies for the Acquisition of New Customers
- Learn from JP Clement – Educating Customers Through Content: How to Drive Growth Fast
- Learn from Alan Gleeson – What is SaaS Marketing: 12 Proven Tactics to Drive Growth
- Learn from Todd Caponi- How To Build Trust With Customers: 9 Rules To Abide By
- Check out the article – What is Brand Value and How to Use it Drive Growth
- Check out the article – 20+ Powerful Marketing Strategies You Should Copy to Grow Your Company Fast
- Learn from Elias Zepeda – How to Build an Amazing Webinar Funnel From Scratch That Drives Revenue Growth
- Learn from John Horn – Advertising Challenges: How to Overcome Them And Drive Growth Fast
Connect with Aaron
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!