Video content marketing has been used for quite sometime in the B2B space. However a recent study looks at the reasons why tech buyers turn to video. The IDG Research study called “The Echo Effect Study” looked into a lot of detail including demographics and purchase behavior after watching the videos.
Demographically speaking B2B video content marketing is watched mainly by males in the IT sector. A lot of these people hold senior positions with an average age of 45.
According to the research people turn to the videos for quite a few reasons. Here are some of the main reasons
- 61% want to learn how to use new products or services.
- 58% want to research items they may buy in the future.
- 57% want how-to content.
- 54 percent look for specific reviews.
While the data from the study shows 95% of tech buyers view video hosted online and that 78% of them share the content after viewing them. The study also provides insights into engagement of their audience.
Marketers can leverage such data to build video content marketing strategies that develop a varied array of media. content should center around education so engage new and current customers to remain loyal to the company.
So with video content marketing what is important to remember with making a B2B video is that it needs to be informative. You really need to be an expert in your field and give your audience the same impression by speaking to hem in terms that are relevant and understandable to them. Being able to provide expert instruction as a general rule raises the value of the product you are trying to sell.
From a sales point of view the following stats provide some idea of where people are at in the sales cycle.
- 42% of people who watch a B2B video purchase a product after watching the video.
- 46% of B2Bers went on to investigate the product further. In other words lead nurturing and relationship building will play an important role here.
- 25% added the vendor to a short list. So essentially the viewer wants to consider you down the road.
To get video content marketing right based on the study tech companies will need to produce a variety of content that speaks to their audience at different points in the sales cycle. This could include everything from how to guides to product reviews. What is important though is that leads are individuals and that understanding them will lead to better video content which will reach the right audience.
You can view the infographic based on the study below.
How could the data from the study positively effect your video content marketing? Let us know in the comments below.
- 5 Essential Steps to Managing a Project Successfully in Asana - March 6, 2021
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Elements to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021