While Google Analytics and other analytics can be implemented quite quickly to find out what activity is occurring on your website, often it is harder to decide what needs to be measured to determine the effectiveness of your content. Here are 8 simple content marketing metrics to measure the effectiveness of your content marketing.
1) Unique views. This tells you how many individuals have looked at your website.
2) Geography.This tells you where in the world people are accessing and reading your content.
3)Mobile readership. This tells you how many people are accessing your website on mobile devises. This is becoming increasingly important as more and more people are using mobile devises to access the internet.
4) Bounce Rates and Time Spent. How much time do people spend on your site and do they just look at one page and then click away from it (the bounce rate).
5) Heat Maps and Click Patterns. Where are people clicking the most on your webpage? This can give you an idea of what the readers are connecting with and finding interesting.
6) Page Views. Which pages are the readers connecting with and engaging with. This can help you with creating your future content. For example, if one page on dog grooming gets a lot more hits than other pages, you would create more content about dog grooming!
7) Comment Sharing.If people find your content helpful or interesting they may leave a comment. This is a great example of social proof. However be aware that people can leave negative comments too.
8) Social Sharing. This is becoming more important; people want to share good content, so you must make it easy for people to share on Facebook and Twitter etc.
These 8 content marketing metrics can be used to give you some idea of the success of your content. However with the purpose of content marketing being to capture a lead, nurture a lead or make a sale, the above metrics need to be viewed in light of other metrics to determine conversion rates, customer life time values etc.
What are the biggest challenges you face with content marketing metrics? Share with us in the comments below.
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Steps to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021
- What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process - February 24, 2021