Every year the Academy Awards draws a significant amount of media attention but what lessons on content marketing can we learn from them. The Academy Awards brings together talented actors and actresses and celebrates and praises their accomplishments. However only a few win the Oscars for their performances. (Image credit: Flickr)
In many ways the Oscar award winners use the principals of content marketing to bring home the much coveted golden statue. Here are some my takeaway lessons on content marketing from the Oscar winners this season:
- Actors tell a story
- Actors tell a story based on strong content in the same way content marketers tell a story for businesses and websites based on strong brands and content. Ben Affleck’s nomination being an example of solid story telling.
- They move us in some way because of their ability to communicate the content of the story.
- They allow us to connect with them through emotions
- They aim to inform and entertain an audience
- They aim to be as authentic as possible and take chances with different roles. Daniel Day-Lewis is known to remain in character for the duration of a movie production and nominated for best actor in his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln.
Much like making an academy award movie, we look for a well-planned content marketing strategy, a level of commitment and excitement in our content marketing endeavors. Oscar winners are set apart because of their ability to generate attention and intrigue, no matter what the content is about.
What actors do you believe most effectively conveyed compelling content this season? What other lessons on content marketing would you include to the list above?