A content marketing menu seems to be the way restaurants and other eateries are building their audience in what is a very competitive space. In fact there is quite an array of content marketing opportunities available to businesses in the food industry. Cooking videos, posting recipes, food photos, and blogs are just some of the common ways restaurants are engaging with their audience. (Image credit: Flickr)
Chipotle has invested a great deal in their content marketing menu. In fact they won first-place at the Cannes Lions award in the Branded Content and Entertainment category last year. As part of their “Cultivate” campaign they created a short film called “Back to the Start” which you can view below, on food business.
The campaign was quite a success.
“In only 9 days, the film had 5,071 relevant mentions across blogs, Twitter, news, forums, Facebook and earned 11,024,870 impressions via Twitter alone.”
The key driver to Chipotle’s content marketing menu success appears to be transparency. On Chipotle’s website, you’ll find facts about the food at their restaurants, a company history in pictures and a music player featuring artists currently in rotation in their restaurants.
Robicelli’s, a downtown Brooklyn wholesaler, makes cupcakes, brownies and whoopie pies amongst other treats. Central to their content marketing menu is Tumblr which posts content related to its business and the food business in general. With over 30,000 followers on Tumblr, its high quality pictures of desserts, personal photos, news on orders and other eateries keep fans engaged. It even has a comprehensive cupcake schedule.
Other ideas for adding to your food businesses content marketing menu could include
- Live cooking demos.
- Adding videos of the live cooking demos to the website.
- Creating an enhanced menu that details the whether your produce is organic and where it comes from.
- Adding bios on your suppliers and include their photos.
- Add a photo gallery to the website.
- A wine guide that provide simple descriptions and recommended menu options.
- A non-alcoholic drink guide for those who do not drink alcohol.
In what ways are you building your businesses fan base? Have you expanded your content marketing menu over the last year? If tell us how in the comments below.
- Sustained Competitive Advantage: 9 Simple Steps to Deliver Long Term Business Growth - February 27, 2021
- 9 Proven Ways to Create a Successful Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy - February 24, 2021
- What is B2B Sales and How to Create a Successful Sales Process - February 24, 2021