Given that 78% of marketers believe that cross-channel marketing strategies are important, it is surprising that only 74% of them have only email and display integrated with one other channel. This is according to a recent study by Forrester. In fact according to the study, almost –
half have integrated search retargeting and less than a third have integrated mobile text and app messaging.
The common issues encountered by most marketers include a lack of coordination, not having managers who collaborate well, conflicting objectives that place strains on internal and external resources and insufficient skills to execute and measure cross-channel marketing strategies when implemented.
While technology is increasingly recognized to play a significant role in the on going management of cross-channel marketing strategies, for most companies the investment is generally less than 10% of the companies overall technology budget.
Most marketers tend to use a number of different technologies to try and manage the process of strategy and program execution, data collection and process management across channels. As they do not believe a single solution could handle all that they need. The figure below shows some of the technologies being used to manage cross-channel marketing programs.
The need and expectation to provide consistent messaging across different platforms is really driving cross-channel marketing strategies.
Lessons learnt by advanced and experienced marketers point to 4 key ingredients for cross-channel marketing strategies to be successful.
1. Integrated technology platform.
2. Manage cross-channel programs through co-ordinated team effort and communication
3. A technology budget that allows for investment in better tools that automate cross-channel management tasks and are better pleased with their efforts.
4. Focus on consistent messaging. Automating or off-loading operational tasks allows internal personnel to focus on cooperating to create a consistent view of the customer across channels and joint planning of cross-channel marketing campaigns.
Do the challenges highlighted by the study reflect that of yours? What is the biggest need in your business to execute and manage cross-channel marketing strategies effectively.
- How to Use Case Studies for Sales and Actually Boost Business Growth - September 14, 2021
- How to Market Online Courses Easily to Drive Business Growth - September 13, 2021
- How to Craft Powerful Audience Engagement Strategies That Drives Growth - September 13, 2021