Whether you are doing a website audit, a revamp or wanting a new e-commerce platform there are certain must have SEO features for e-commerce software that you should be looking for. (Image credit: Flickr)
It is best to run an audit before making a selection on the software or platform. Google and Bing Webmaster tools allow for verification of the website as well provides insight into crawl errors and allows updates to basic SEO settings as well. Google Analytics also provides e-commerce tracking support. Best of all these are free services to make use of.
- SEO features for e-commerce software should include-
- dynamic XML sitemap generation
- customized product detail pages including titles and descriptions to avoid duplicate content as well as meta descriptions.
- The software should also allow control of SEO features for product detail page including alt tags for keyword images, adding social sharing tools, related products, keyword rich URLs, utilize video etc.
Other must have SEO features include
- good navigation
- add in rel=”canonical” functionality
- 301 redirect functionality
- open graph functionality
- automated Google shopping feeds
- category page SEO features and canonical URL’s.
SEO features for e-commerce software does need to chosen carefully in order to succeed at gaining the most out of SEO. It goes way beyond adding Google Analytics and keyword meta tags and needs to be audited and checked on a regular basis.
- How The Purpose of Branding Powerfully Boosts Revenue - January 19, 2021
- 5 Examples of Niche Marketing to Inspire Predictable Profits - January 19, 2021
- LinkedIn Messages to Connect: How to Use Them to Increase Your Close Rate - January 13, 2021