Pinterest is a huge social network. But many businesses don’t know how to use Pinterest for B2B marketing. There are a lot of misconceptions about what you can do on Pinterest and how to use the platform effectively.
Many business owners think they should be using Pinterest as a way to connect with their customers or even market directly through pins, but in reality, these strategies rarely work well for B2B companies.
Pinterest expert Alisa Meredith helps you understand why some people think Pinterest isn’t right for B2B brands, while others have found success with the platform by understanding its nuances and targeting their efforts correctly.
We’ll break down everything from deciding if your company should focus on Pinterest marketing at all to creating content that resonates with your audience. You’ll learn about different types of pinners, including power users who drive more traffic than influencers on other platforms like Instagram or Facebook; how to optimize your boards so they’re not just pretty pictures and a whole lot more.
Alisa Meredith is a Pinterest Product Specialist at Tailwind, a social media scheduling tool for Pinterest and Instagram that helps your content get real results in less time.
She’s also the founder of Alisa Meredith Marketing in which she delivers traffic and leads to businesses with content, social, and especially visual marketing. She believes sharing ideas for how Pinterest can grow a business is thrilling and loves helping businesses that don’t have much time to spend on their marketing.
In this episode, Alisa shares how we can use Pinterest for B2B marketing to drive growth predictably. Insights she shares include:
Some topics we discussed include:
- Why Meredith considers Pinterest to be more of a search engine than a social network.
- Why consider Pinterest for B2B marketing
- How should businesses decide if Pinterest marketing is right for them
- How Pinterest for B2B marketing can help you meet your business objectives
- What type of content Pinterest creators are adding to the platform
- Whether Pinterest followers really matter
- How you should be thinking about story pins today
- How you should be divvying up your time creating content for Pinterest
- How to optimize for lead generation
- How to grow your follower base
- Examples of Pinterest for B2B marketing that are poor and good
- And whether repinning is still a thing
- and much much more ….
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out Tailwind
- Learn from Tom Augenthaler – What is a Social Media Influencer and How They Help Propel Growth
- Learn from Bianca Lager – How to Use Social Media Background Checks to Hire For Business Growth
- Learn from Thibaud Clement – How to Fuel Growth with a Social Media Marketing Content Strategy
- Check out the article – 7 Powerful Social Media Strategies to Boost Your Blog
- Check out this article – 10 ways to grow and engage followers with visual social media content
- Get even more inspiration with this article – 100+ Social Media Facts And Statistics You Should Know in 2022 And Beyond
Connect with Alisa
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!