A lot of businesses see the issue of mental health in the workplace as a luxury they can’t afford. They don’t want to pay for programs that help their employees address their problems because it doesn’t seem like a business priority. However, stress, anxiety, and depression are on the rise with no end in sight.
There’s a lot of talk about mental health but not enough action to solve it. The situation has become so dire that mental illness costs companies $190 Billion annually according to Forbes Magazine.
There are scientific ways that you can help your employees improve their mental health so that they can be more productive at work. Rokham Fard shows you how to improve your company’s mental health by teaching scientifically proven methods for peak performance. You’ll learn how to increase employee engagement, boost creativity, reduce stress and burnout at work, manage conflict more effectively, and much more!
Rokham Fard is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded TheRedPin.com Canada’s largest online real estate brokerage. Now, Rokham has built another startup called PsychologyCompass.com. It is where entrepreneurs learn scientific tactics to reach their peak mental performance.
In this episode, Rokham shares his personal struggles with mental health as an entrepreneur and how to improve mental health in the workplace and drive business growth.
Some topics we discussed include:
- Dealing with mental health issues in the workplace
- Rokhams’s battle with improving his mental health
- The true unit economics of a business
- How to promote mental health in an organization and the real cost of an employee assistance program
- Implementing mental health and behavioral health metrics that mitigate risk factors
- Why you shouldn’t manage stress but rather focus on the health benefits of preventing mental health issues
- How to improve mental health in the workplace – promotion activities
- How to improve mental health in the workplace with four key strategies
- How health issues are affecting traditional work culture beyond today
- How to improve mental health in the workplace by encouraging work-life balance
- Why it’s okay to talk about not being okay even in the workplace
- How to improve mental health in the workplace with a network of people
- The double-edged sword of dealing with a mental health problem
- How best to mitigate mental health problems affecting employees
- and much much more …
Listen to the episode
Related links and resources
- Check out the Psychology Compass app
- Check out the Psychology Compass business offering
- Learn from Vernon Brown – How to Increase Productivity in The Workplace to Drive Business Growth
- Learn from Maura Thomas – How to Improve Productivity in an Organization: 11 Strategies and 9 Factors That Increase Productivity and Boost Growth
- Listen to my interview with Brad Halliwell – 10 Secrets Every Motivated Entrepreneur Uses to Drive Business Growth
- Listen to my interview with Bastien Siebman – 5 Essential Steps to Managing a Project Successfully in Asana
- Discover more in this article – 12 Remote Workers Reveal How to be Happy, Effective, and Valuable
Connect with Rokham
Subscribe to & Review the Predictable B2B Success Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Predictable B2B Podcast! If the information in our interviews has helped you in your business journey, please head over to Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review.
Your reviews and feedback will not only help me continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help reach even more amazing founders and executives just like you!